Sign in to follow this  
Williamsfan301

Junior Seau found dead

Craziest part of that article:

Multiple former NFL players have committed suicide in recent years possibly as a result of brain injuries, including former Chicago Bears safety Dave Duerson, who also shot himself in the chest, ex-Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman Terry Long, and Philadelphia Eagles defensive back Andre Waters.

!!

Not to mention that 8 members of the '94 World Champion Chargers team are all dead.

To die so young is tragic. To take ones own life because the lingering pain from playing a physically brutal game is too much to bear is just....I don't know what to call it because I know nothing that compares.

Rest in peace.

Not to mention that 8 members of the '94 World Champion Chargers team are all dead.

AFC Champions, They got killed by the 49ers in the Super Bowl. Er, maybe not the right metaphor.

Still, it's crazy how so many members of that team are no longer with us. Football is starting to look like pro wrestling in the high number of young, sudden deaths. They do similar things to their bodies.

You are right. Yahoo! Sports said "Seau is the eighth member of the Chargers' 1994 Super Bowl team to pass." My brain assigned victory where none was earned.

And so many people playing or discussing the game fail to take escapades like "Bountygate" seriously. Here was a coordinated effort to put healthy players into an injured state. Who is to say the injured players wouldn't be so badly crippled or in such pain that they wouldn't follow Junior Seau to an early grave?

The NFL is going to be in some serious trouble. The lackadaisical way they treated concussions is now killing guys and its only going to get worse for them. The whole hardline stance against hard hits has been a nice pr move, but with such a popular player as Seau now dead in conjunction likely with post concussion syndrome the general public is now definitely taking notice.

The last I heard his family was having second chances about donating his brain to science. It would be a shame if they withheld it. Don't let his death be for nothing, the medical community, and the NFL, would benefit from that research.