Fal J. M. Skywalker

The Official Legend of Zelda Series Music Thread

Can you honestly picture a Zelda movie with real actors working? The world of LOZ is too "cartoony" (for lack of a better word) to be transcripted successfully to film with real actors, because you would have to redesign everything, and in doing so, you would stray away from what is the heart of the series. In my not so humble opinion, of course.

Can you honestly picture a Zelda movie with real actors working? The world of LOZ is too "cartoony" (for lack of a better word) to be transcripted successfully to film with real actors, because you would have to redesign everything,

I don't understand that. I really don't.

What exactly would have to be redesigned? Ocarina of Time is perfect for a movie story. Ever heard of CGI?

I just bought Skyward Sword, and it took me 2.5 hours to get through what I consider the prolonged, i.e. until Zelda is captured. Is the rest of the game proportionally long and meaty like this? (ok, not meaty, if I hear one more reference to the wing ceremony, it's going back).

I want Zelda Pixar. ;)

Ever since I read this, it's been on my mind. Maybe not Pixar exactly, but a super clean, high quality cgi movie, I think would be awesome. I'm thinking a color palette from How to Train Your Dragon, the sword fighting style of Yoda vs Count Dooku and details and scenery of Brave (or any Pixar movie really)

The story could be lifted right from Ocarina of Time. Man, I would love that. I could envision the trailer already.

the sword fighting style of Yoda vs Count Dooku

Why? That's about as un-Zelda-like as it gets!
Well, just the animation really - lots of movement, sword fight, the way Yoda is animated with lots of flips and spinning, and the way the light sabers (or in this case swords) hit each other.

Just replace Yoda with Link, make him a little bigger, replace Dooku with Ganon, make him a little smaller, replace the scenery with a forest from Brave, and the light sabers with swords, and bam! :)

Well, I really enjoyed creating a 72 minute album for Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, that I decided to do the same with Skyward Sword, the only problem was, there were so many highlights, that I soon found myself with a 45 minute album, and I had almost nothing from the finale of the game!

So I decided to present the score as a 90 minute album split up into "sides" (ala an LP) and post the music arranged into smaller increments. (79 minutes, 45 minutes...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de83jv8swJo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSPj8mF5n_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC7G7l5lKD8&feature=youtu.be

Not about the music in the series, but whatever...

This blew my mind!

aghanim.png

(In case you don't recognize the sprite, it's Aghanim from A Link To The Past).

All these years, I thought he was supposed to look like the guy on the right (minus the long hair. I knew that the light green on both sides of his face was supposed to be part of the clothing).

MIND. BLOWN.