The Official Ennio Morricone Thread

Muad'Dib

4 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

definitely believe he said those things, though. Just maybe someone told him after the fact it was not politically wise to have done so.

Why press charges though, unless those are empty words too?

The original interview where he slammed everything from the Oscars to Tarantino etc seemed very out of character so it's not that surprising that it's fake. The great directors he listed did not include Sergio Leone lol...

8 minutes ago, Horner's Dynamic Range said:

Why would Playboy publish false comments by this guy? Anyone else remember the allegedly fake foreign interview with JW where he griped about Star Wars: Episode One?

That was the context! I was literally just trying to remember that. That was really out of John Williams' character, both behaviorally, and verbally. Stuff where you as a fan say, "John Williams doesn't talk like that...."

Morricone probably thinks his movies are trash because they are. I mean the last one which he did had a woman being violently assaulted over and over again and a guy sucking another guy's dick. I'm sure he was expecting a bit of a classier western when he agreed to do it.

42 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

Morricone has previously criticized Tarantino.  It's not really out of character.

You know, there is a difference between considering someone a cretin and considering the movie of someone as too gruesome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Maestro has composed the music to more than 500 films. Out of these, only a small fraction were for Hollywood films. Do anybody know how many that is? I'm just curious, and I certainly don't consider Hollywood films a sign of superior music. :)

On 12/3/2018 at 6:40 PM, Jay said:

Music Box Records just announced La Cage Aux Folles I, II, and III in a new 2CD set

https://www.musicbox-records.com/en/cd-soundtracks/6729-la-cage-aux-folles-1-2-3.html

That really looks like a trilogy of weird films. And why is Trump on the cover? ;)

Now, if only someone could do a definitive release of The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly...

Thanks! Did it differ much from the programme you saw in Rotterdam awhile back? I'm curious to know if he's made any changes in the three years he's done this particular tour.

• 1 year later...

It's not my favorite Morricone score, but it's good enough to warrant having it on CD. I'm just wondering whether the additional tracks are any good. I don't need a longer presentation that makes the listening experience less interesting.