Golden State Pops with Cecilia Tsan performing John Williams in L.A.

foxfilmmusic

Great Composer Tribute: John Williams

Saturday, May, 19th @ 8 PM

Warner Grand - 478 W. 6th St., San Pedro

StageSide Chat @ 7:30 pm with Hollywood Reporter Journalist, Jeff Bond

GSPO StageSide Chat Sponsored in part by the Central San Pedro Neighborhood Council

GSPO pays homage to John Williams in a special night featuring music from Star Wars, Far and Away, Jurassic Park, The Lost World, E.T.:The Extra-Terrestrial, Harry Potter, Jaws and one of Williams' newest works, Dartmoor, 1912 from the 2012 Academy Award nominated film The War Horse. Guest Soloist Cellist Cecilia Tsan, performs Sayuri's Theme from Memoirs of a Geisha.

Tickets range from $15 to $45. For tickets and information visit www.gspo.com.

post-3175-0-79051600-1336590268.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Allan Fox, conductor and music director of the GSPO, has posted this on the FSM boards:

We had the first rehearsal for the concert last night. The published version of Dartmoor 1912, which we are proud to be premiering, is beautiful. Another superb Williams creation.

If there wouldn't be an ocean of distance, I'd be the first in line at this concert :) I think these kind of events should receive full support from fans who live in the area.

Dartmoor 1912 is extended. It is actually over 6 minutes long while the track is just over 3 minutes. You don't want to miss this great premiere of the published version of music from the film for the concert stage you haven't heard.

Maestro Fox

Oh if the Atlantic wasn't in the way I would be there ASAP! :)

Dartmoor 1912 is extended. It is actually over 6 minutes long while the track is just over 3 minutes. You don't want to miss this great premiere of the published version of music from the film for the concert stage you haven't heard.

Maestro Fox

Thanks for sharing this tidbit, Maestro Fox. I'd really love to hear it!

I wonder if this could be part of a larger suite structured in several movements.

Cecilia Tsan is terrific on Saruyis Theme. So appreciative JW was willing to loan us the music so she could perform this solo. The Dartmoor 1912 published version is awesome. You have never heard it. Brand new and different then the soundtrack. Hope to see lots of you this Saturday at the show.

John Williams conducted a piece form War Horse with the YMF Debut Orchestra this past January. I wonder if it was the same version as the newly published score (I'm venturing a guess that you're conducting from a Signature Edition score, which has recently made its way into print courtesy of Hal Leonard Corporation).