Pierre

Hello there!´:´)

I decided to learn sculpting with clay material and create my second work at all John Towner Williams composer.

you can see at : http://www.humanart.cz/nahled.php?id=74582&bgcolor=black

I study music compositing and John Williams was the man, who inspired me to study music. I study at Prague conservatory.

Thanks for everything John! We love your music!

Also my compositions you can listen at www.petrmachane.com

Thanks!

Wow cool! :)

Heh the glasses really add the final touch.

I am sure in a 100 years music schools will have the busts of John Williams alongside the other masters of music. ;)

Wow, this looks awesome! bowdown Send a pic to Williams or to his agency somehow, I think he should see that! :D

I really don't know a lot about sculpting and would never dare to criticise your great work but maybe the eyes could really profit by adding pupils. ;)

Very nice. I agree with the eyes. I'd also love to see more neck/chest. He doesn't seem that sturdy. ;-)

Well it's the guy's second sculpture. Give him some slack on the eyes, which is one of the toughest things to get right in any visual art. :P

Thanks everyone, i know that eyes are sculpted with little holes but in this case i decided to sculpt it without them, i sad it before, i am not sculptor and i never studied technics and anatomy, all is only about how i see mr Williams:) someone like that, someone not:) i like to read some critics of course.

In case of glases that was problem!:D i was looking for this glases old style long time:D finally one teacher of math from czech gived me them:'D

It was verry funy and hard proces for me to bring John to Czech:'D sometimes we discus compositing and drink some alcohol until late hours:'D

Hope it makes you happy:)

Not bad, Pierre! Good work. Loved the touch with the glasses.

Incidentally, there's also this cover from Gramphone magazine, May 2006, that has a 'sculpture' of Williams on the front cover. I tried to find it online, but to no avail. However, there's a small jpg in this earlier JWFAN thread:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10135

That's your second work? Wow.

It´s not about the second or the first, its my first head ever. First try with clay was some little puppet. Thanks you:)

Well, my only try with clay was also a little puppet... maybe I should give it a shot too :P

Though that would be likely a waste of time. I've always been more of a paint on canvas kind of guy.

Anyway, your work does look great.

I think it looks just like him. One day they're going to erect a statue of him at Tanglewood. It's marble, about 20 meters tall and he's looking up at the sky, and his hand is sort of conducting toward the future.

I think it does look like JW. Good job

But I can only imagine that in the middle of a living room and guests wondering who the fuck it is

(the eyes are dead because he forgot pupils!) You could make little black stickers

• 2 years later...

I think it does look like JW. Good job

But I can only imagine that in the middle of a living room and guests wondering who the fuck it is

Exactly, people do visit me at home and they are like " huuuf and who is this guy. I say " its John Williams, my life force " aha, well and what else do you have there:D ? ...

you know guys, we all are somehow verry special. Not everybody know and likes Williams the same way that We do :D and especially in Europe and the rest of the World : )

But to me he will be for all my life. The life force man.