Jerry Goldsmith's Star Trek The Motion Picture - 2012 La La Land 3CD (and now: 2LP)

Jay

Extremely minor! I probably won't even bother putting the replacement in, and I doubt I would have noticed if they hadn't pointed it out. But I do think it's fantastic that La-La Land caught it and fixed it for free. The event was also thoroughly enjoyable, and I was pleased to get Bruce Botnick's autograph on my liner notes. :D

Extremely minor! I probably won't even bother putting the replacement in, and I doubt I would have noticed if they hadn't pointed it out. But I do think it's fantastic that La-La Land caught it and fixed it for free. The event was also thoroughly enjoyable, and I was pleased to get Bruce Botnick's autograph on my liner notes. :D

Cool! :D

LLL is a classy operation all around. It has certainly climbed to be one of the best and they are constantly releasing sterling material. Almost too much since my wallet can't keep up.

I envy those who attended the screening, I really wished I could have been there. It would have been fun to meet you Joe, along with Neil, Mike Matessino, MV, Brian Costa and others that were there.

How is the sound quality for the score Joe?

Well, I've heard it. I have it. It sounds really fantastic.

Of course, I've only sampled a few tracks, but I'm humbled and happy with what was done here.

I'll never go back to the OST or the 20th Anniversary releases again.

Yeah, I'm ordering it tonight, but will ask them to ship it around the end of the next week. I'm going away for some time and there's no one to collect it for me. Hope it won't be a problem.

Karol

How is the sound quality for the score Joe?

It's great! At first, it underwhelmed me a little, but then I went back and compared it to how it sounded before this release, and I realized it is indeed an improvement. Go figure! Anyway, the stereo field is wider, among other more subtle changes that I can't quite put my finger on. The blaster beam especially sounds great. It's a really...three-dimensional sound, somehow.

Always remember this release, JWFan. This release and this thread. It is what brought your precious Cauliflower back to you. So that he may once more make fun of your favorite composers like Thomas Snoozeman.

Always remember this release, JWFan. This release and this thread. It is what brought your precious Cauliflower back to you. So that he may once more make fun of your favorite composers like Thomas Snoozeman.

:o:joy::dance::flameblob::w00t::cheer::ola:

I reckon Thomas Snoozeman is on fire right now.

Karol

As I always say: With Snooze you can't lose.

You can also try holding down either SHIFT or CTRL (depending on your browser) and clicking the REFRESH button - that usually fixes their main page.

http://www.lalalandr...ds.com/STM.html

Fuck, they're rereleasing Superman: The Movie now...

NP: Bolero. Seems appropriate.

Wait, seriously? I can't access it right now. Please tell me that somehow they decided to offer just Superman by itself!

Wait, seriously? I can't access it right now. Please tell me that somehow they decided to offer just Superman by itself!

Humor. It is a... christ, I hate that phrase.

The sequel scores really aren't that bad, you know.

No, he was commenting on the link saying "STM."

Humor. It is a... christ, I hate that phrase.

The sequel scores really aren't that bad, you know.

This is Superman...I couldn't afford to assume you were joking! ;)

And I'm sure the sequel scores aren't bad, but I don't really feel like shelling out a hundred bucks for the whole set when all I really want is the first score. Oh well...someday!

I would buy Superman: The Movie in a heartbeat. Even if it was only a straight reissue of the first two discs of FSM edition. Until then Rhino is enough.

Karol

And I'm sure the sequel scores aren't bad, but I don't really feel like shelling out a hundred bucks for the whole set when all I really want is the first score. Oh well...someday!

I had the same mindset, but Trent B was awesome enough to offer his set to me. Try looking around on the secondary market. I'm sure you could find one for around $70 or so.

Comfortably ordered from SAE. Along with tons of other stuff, once again.

I would buy Superman: The Movie in a heartbeat. Even if it was only a straight reissue of the first two discs of FSM edition. Until then Rhino is enough.

I only finally invested in the Blue Box earlier this year. But I must say the sound quality was worth much of it. And the Williams/Courage score actually has some very cool parts.

Hopefully, your order ships by Christmas this time, Marian. ;)

As for Superman set, I just can't afford it. I'm sure there is some good stuff on it. It's just not reasonable for me.

Karol

I only finally invested in the Blue Box earlier this year. But I must say the sound quality was worth much of it. And the Williams/Courage score actually has some very cool parts.

The sound quality is what'll finally convince me to make the purchase. Not a fan of the sound on the Rhino set.