New JW interview with Jon Burlingham

indy4

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A correction to the thread title: It is Jon Burlingame not Burlingham.

It would certainly look that way. 1st paragraph is somewhat familiar introduction which then goes to the second paragraph, quoting Williams' extensive awards and accolades list and mentioning his recent collaboration with Spielberg. Burlingame recycles the age old praise and fame of Williams' most famous scores to remind the audiences who this composer is and then slowly but surely spreads out three or four central quotes from the interview itself in a few paragraphs, Williams giving very typical short and sweet comments on the collaboration with Spielberg and then Burlingame slowly builds the story towards finale with a new and hopeful quote from the Maestro, showing in this Williams' humility before all these awards and recognition, the composer rather talking of the bright future and beautiful musicianship and promise it brings.

Like totally autopilot.

Burlingame recycles the age old praise and fame of Williams most famous scores to remind the audiences who this composer is

Oh christ, he uses that in EVERY SINGLE INTERVIEW! It was fine twenty years ago, but now whenever I read one of his interviews and I hear THAT phrase, my eyes roll so far back I can't read the rest of it.