Indiana Jones TOD midi files

russds

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody has heard or seen anybody doing full midi adaptions of the TOD score. I've gone through some of the older threads of fan made mockups, and PMed a few members, but that hasn't panned out. It seems some have done a few measures to fill in unreleased score, but I haven't found any full cues. What i'm interested in doing using the full score to then create full midi scores, then tweak and play around with different sounds/tempos/etc using a sequencer with the midi files.

Thanks for any advise, direction! Love this forum.

-Russ

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love this!!

btw, love your passion for this score!

In a couple of Saturdays I should be getting it signed by the legend himself!

Side question, do you happen to have a clean rip from the film version of Indy swinging into the mine cart? The version in "Short Round Helps" doesn't do it for me.

I'm pretty sure that part has heavy SFX in the rear channel rip. I recall before the official release,

that part was edited out of the expanded release I had that used the rear channel rips for that reason.

Does the film version really sound different?

I'm pretty sure that part has heavy SFX in the rear channel rip. I recall before the official release,

that part was edited out of the expanded release I had that used the rear channel rips for that reason.

Does the film version really sound different?

Oh yes it does!

The film also has 2 extra Indy fanfares when Indy and Shorty are punching their respecting foes simultaneously!

Would love a clean film rip of the Underground Heroics! Possible?

The film also has 2 extra Indy fanfares when Indy and Shorty are punching their respecting foes simultaneously!

Edit!

I would love this!! btw, love your passion for this score! In a couple of Saturdays I should be getting it signed by the legend himself! Side question, do you happen to have a clean rip from the film version of Indy swinging into the mine cart? The version in "Short Round Helps" doesn't do it for me.

Thank you, yes, I have lots of 'favorite scores/themes', but the Indy series is the best, and my absolute favorite of all time is TOD. Love it.

If no one has done it before, I might try to spear head an open source project of converting the score to Midi, that would be fun, and help me get a really deep understanding of the score. Doing it open source, and getting others to participate, we could do it more quickly. It's grueling typing in note by note.

Wow, if you get his sig on the CD, can you upload a pic? Would love to see that. :)

I do have a pretty clean version of that cue, I know the one you're talking about, and it does include an extra 2 Fanfares during Indy/shorty fighting. I'm not sure of it's original source, but it's pretty good (no SFX). I think though, that that particular portion is just a nicely timed loop. Just listened to it closely again, and there are 4 bars that are identical, which seems to me it was just a loop. I would have to listen closely to the rest of the cue to see if there are any other differences. I have a feeling the Concord release is the official session recording, and what's heard in the film is the same thing with some edits/loops to time it after maybe some last minute film editing. Similar to how Bug Tunnel Death Trap has a few extra bars to compensate for a quick scene of Willie's head with bugs crawling up it.

I have a feeling the Concord release is the official session recording, and what's heard in the film is the same thing with some edits/loops to time it after maybe some last minute film editing. Similar to how Bug Tunnel Death Trap has a few extra bars to compensate for a quick scene of Willie's head with bugs crawling up it.

You got it.

• 4 months later...