Stefancos

Which MB Members have you met in the flesh?

I had hoped to meet some of you in the two years I've been in Ghent, in Krakow this weekend or in the upcoming Williams/Bowl concert, but you guys seem a bit more elusive in terms of gatherings than other forums.

I've met fommes in Ghent (and it's not like he's a very active member), and Jim Ware at the Morricone concert in 2009, and I think that's about it.

Neil, foxfan?, diskobolus, ray barnsbury.....who am I missing

Trumpeteer also Ren

I've met fommes in Ghent (and it's not like he's a very active member), and Jim Ware at the Morricone concert in 2009, and I think that's about it.

Active of not doesnt matter. Hitch, Darth Further and Neil are MIA too.

I had hoped to meet some of you in the two years I've been in Ghent, in Krakow this weekend or in the upcoming Williams/Bowl concert, but you guys seem a bit more elusive in terms of gatherings than other forums.

I wanna go to ghent this year soooooo bad, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it. tell JNH I said hi!

Other than the music, what happens at the Ghent meets? If a few signed up, I'd go. I'd only have to nip across on the ferry.

If it's anything like the 4 Ubeda trips i've been too, there will be eating and drinking, geeking out with fans, drinking, meeting composers, drinking, sightseeing the beautiful city, eating and drinking.

Damn, I really was drunk in Ubeda...

I met JohnTakis, Jim Ware, and Doug Adams in New York CIty for the FOTR and TTT concerts, met Trenton Hoyt at last year's Williams/Pops concert, and saw Josefuma at a Williams/Pops concert in '10 but we didn't talk. Also have talked to ZackR on the phone.

I wanna go to ghent this year soooooo bad, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it. tell JNH I said hi!

You should definitely try.

I will definitely go if the school allows me to take a day or two off. It's right in the middle of my praxis period. If they don't, I'll have to pass. I have absolutely loved my last two Ghent trips, in 2010 and 2011, respectively. I've met Zimmer, Goldenthal, Badalamenti and so many other great composers there. And the maintitles gang is always cool to hang out with.

I have met Incanus couple of times, we had brief chats after my orchestra's Lotr symphony concert, few years ago and JW 80 years concert, early this year. Nice guy.

did he get free tickets? ;)

are there any videos from those concerts?

I'd love to go to such awesome events like the Ghent festival but I'm unfortunately too busy to travel to Europe at the time...how come these things never happen in the summer....or whenever I'm Europe for that matter.

I have met Incanus couple of times, we had brief chats after my orchestra's Lotr symphony concert, few years ago and JW 80 years concert, early this year. Nice guy.

did he get free tickets? ;)

are there any videos from those concerts?

Free tickets? But of course :wave:

I saw somewhere in the net video(fan made, trembling) , parts of the Lotr-symphony. Cant find it anymore. Anyways, that quality didn't

give the right picture of the performance.

Wtf happened to Ray?

I got chased away a few years ago. Then I stopped being stupid and decided to have a sense of humor.
tongue.gif
Ray Barnsbury was the first to welcome me back...whatever happened to that guy?

Still reading regularly to keep up with releases and news (War Horse trailer music ftw!). Just not posting anymore. Except for right now, apparently.
:wave:

I've been to the Goldsmith/LSO concerts in 2001, 2003 and 2004 and met up with some forum people each time. Few of them from JWFan though. Jim Ware was there each time, and once I briefly met up with Hitch (though as far as I remember we kinda lost him before the concert).

I briefly "met" Doug Adams in 2010 at "Hollywood in Vienna", but it was in his official capacity at the signing table. ;)

Really? He seems so cynical and sarcastic online.

I've seen several members, but not sure if they were anybody's from this board.

(there should be a sarcasm allert for those more sensitive, similar to spoiler tag)

Adams in 2010 at "Hollywood in Vienna", but it was in his official capacity at the signing table. ;)

I saw Doug Adams in Kraków 3 years ago when they played TTT live to projection.

Karol

Well, I'd love to meet up with my favourite posters, but it just seems so unlikely and difficult to organise, which is a shame. I've had invitations years ago to meet up for a quick drink with other Brits who don't seem to post anymore, but I didn't fancy the idea of a 1on1 with a (perfectly nice) chap whom I barely knew, so I made my excuses. I'd absolutely be there for a gathering of faces, though.

My perfect selection would be:

You

Joey

Alex

Croc

Incy

Koray

KM

Blum

Wojo

And all the others whom I've possibly forgotten, for no reason other than I've probably not noticed their posting lately (I've really narrowed down my chosen thread haunts this last year).

The new guys are cool too. Chaac's like the new Koray (only with far, far less to say), BloodBoal is the shouty clown who means well and K.K. is potentially an up and coming heavyweight here.

And then there's the women. Thank god for the women! For too long this place felt like a monastery for score lovin' monks.

I would like to meet KM because I*ve noticed we share exact same taste of JW's music, even if KM is not musically educated

and I am a little bit.

Hornist! I forgot you! Seriously dude, it wouldn't be right without you there. Sorry for forgetting.

Of course with you and Steef I would love to have few pints...