Stefancos

Which MB Members have you met in the flesh?

I still love you.

Anyway, ladies and gentlemen. I said that before and I will again:

Williams, LSO, London, November the 8th.

Take a hint.

Karol

My second child is due Nov 1st! I only know that because it's a week before Halo 4.

/responsible parent

I mean what's the problem? You can always transmit the labor on your phone. That's pretty normal these days.

;)

Any film music concerts in the Liverpool area?

Karol

I think a JWFAN gathering is perfectly doable. Just pick one of the major events (perhaps in Europe, since most of the members here seem to hail from there) and go! That's how things are done at FSM, Maintitles, SST etc.

Personally, I would love to meet Miguel Andrade, who I've known for so many years on the internet only. Same with Ricard, even though we've disagreed on certain points over the years. We were actually supposed to have met in Barcelona a few years ago, but that never happened due to his time schedule.

I hope an opportunity arises to meet some of you at some point.

Thank you Thor. I too would love to meet you, as I would with a number of other fellows from here.

A few years ago Romão (Merkel) and I wondered about the possibility of driving to Ubeda, but I believe it was in the year I got divorced and the plan didn't go through. That would have been great to meet some of you guys.

Couldn't resist popping in here. With Renovia's return and the mentions of Boston 2004 in this thread, it seems like old times! As Ren said, a few of us met up at Williams' 2004 Pops concerts in Boston - besides the two of us, there was IndySolo (Neil), diskobolus (Kevin), Foxfan (Francis?)....and I think we got a ride from John Takis somewhere in there. Also met another member, vmw331, at the Detroit Williams concert in 2008.

Didn't he make his SUV flip on roof? Or was it his brother?

HAH. Funny that you remember that! Yeah, it was me.

Couldn't resist popping in here. With Renovia's return and the mentions of Boston 2004 in this thread, it seems like old times! As Ren said, a few of us met up at Williams' 2004 Pops concerts in Boston - besides the two of us, there was IndySolo (Neil), diskobolus (Kevin), Foxfan (Francis?)....and I think we got a ride from John Takis somewhere in there. Also met another member, vmw331, at the Detroit Williams concert in 2008.

OMG CHRIS! so glad to see you, was just browsing pics on my computer from boston! I'm working on going for fun in June.....can't go for the concert. But can go for the day for sure. We don't chat on FB - COME ON!

Ray/Chris, what did you think of Tintin and War Horse?

I don't want to hijack the thread and go into a lot of detail, but I'd say my perceptions of each are pretty much in line with how the majority feels. Both are fresh, inspired works, probably seeming especially so after KotCS, which I find has waned over time. Tintin's a spirited romp, with the absoutely dizzying "The Pursuit of the Falcon" a definite highlight, and War Horse is already a favorite of mine. The emotion is so direct and genuine, the themes are plentiful, and the pastoral atmosphere so rich. I condsider "Plowing" a JW classic, and I was also thrilled that he composed a gorgeous end credits suite once again with "The Homecoming."

OMG CHRIS! so glad to see you, was just browsing pics on my computer from boston! I'm working on going for fun in June.....can't go for the concert. But can go for the day for sure. We don't chat on FB - COME ON!

I know, we need to get back in touch! It's been a nice surprise to see you back here lately. :)

Ray Barnsbury - who just might need a new avatar

I met Jim Ware in London (I guess twice already), plus Joe Brausam and obiwan71 in New York City (JWfangirl1992 was there too but we didn't meet, at least not knowingly). And, of course, my fellow Slovene MAG-SI, with whom I also travelled to London and NYC, he even comes to visit occassionally. :D

Sadly, non so far. All though there are a few of you I wouldn't mind meeting in person...maybe to give you a swift kick in the ass!

Just kidding, seriously though I wouldn't mind meeting some of you in person. People can be much different in person than compared to online.

I do remember everything I read, I have funny brains even if they are totally ruined by alcohol. I even remember Stefancos called me an "Idiot" on September 2008.

What about JoeinAr? I'm little bit scared of that guy, his opinions are not just opinions, they are facts.

Would it be any conversation? But I would love to eat his Barbeque stuff.

His posts are very entertaining though. If you are reading this Joey; Hello :wave:

I saw Doug Adams in Kraków 3 years ago when they played TTT live to projection.

Karol

Did you attended more of that Festival? If so, then you might have as well seen me.

In 2009 I went to the FOTR concert on the Friday night, and also went downstairs afterwards to get my program signed by Doug and Howard.

In 2010, I went to the book launch for Doug's book on Thursday, then had dinner with Jim Ware, John Takis, and many others at a joint Doug Adams / Howard Shore birthday party. Then went to the TTT concert Saturday night (but sadly could not go downstairs after to get my program signed).

I was so bummer there was no ROTK concert in 2011... and looks like it won't happen in 2012 either :(

EDIT: Just realized you weren't talking to me, lol!

Mark Olivarez and Greta (Saxbabe). It's known to most here that Mark and I have become good friends outside the internet, we try to get together once a year or so. I'll be heading to his place Labor Day weekend to help him and his lovely wife celebrate their 10th anniversary.

Git did get to go to a Giacchino-conducted concert in Dallas a couple of weeks ago without me though.... :banghead:

I remember there was another JWFanner who went to the Ft. Worth rehearsal that Mark and I met John Williams at in 2010, but for the life of me I can't remember who it was. We didn't actually meet but going by the description I thought I had seen him. Who was it?...

Karol

Did you attend more of that Festival? If so, then you might have as well seen me.

No, I only went to see TTT. It was a very short visit, lasting less than 24 hours.

Do you live in Gdansk area, by any chance? That's where I come from (more or less).

Karol

Karol

Did you attend more of that Festival? If so, then you might have as well seen me.

No, I only went to see TTT. It was a very short visit, lasting less than 24 hours.

Do you live in Gdansk area, by any chance? That's where I come from (more or less).

Karol

I live exactly in Gdansk.

Karol

Did you attended more of that Festival? If so, then you might have as well seen me.

In 2009 I went to the FOTR concert on the Friday night, and also went downstairs afterwards to get my program signed by Doug and Howard.

That was in NYC, right?

So, we were in the same building that night.

In 2010, I went to the book launch for Doug's book on Thursday, then had dinner with Jim Ware, John Takis, and many others at a joint Doug Adams / Howard Shore birthday party.

I wanted to be there, but couldn't.

Upping this old thread, because it occurred to me that I hadn't seen John Crichton around here in ages. So I found his last post here:

I remember there was another JWFanner who went to the Ft. Worth rehearsal that Mark and I met John Williams at in 2010, but for the life of me I can't remember who it was. We didn't actually meet but going by the description I thought I had seen him. Who was it?...

...and I realize that it may well have been referring to me. Weird.

Anybody ever hear from the dude more recently? Hope all is well.