Kathleen Kennedy named co-chair at LucasFilm Ltd.

TownerFan

Episode 7, 8 & 9 baby!!!

Plus Mutt Williams & Raiders of the Kingdom of Doom

Oh god no...I would NOT see the films, IF they were made. Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carry Fisher are way to old now...well unless they set them YEARS (and I mean years) after Return Of The Jedi with the kids. However, I thought I remember reading once a while back that Harrison Ford wouldn't be in a Star Wars movie again after ROTJ.

Maybe with this person now as a successor to Lucas, she may let either Intrada or La-La Land release the complete intended versions of the Star Wars Prequels. Maybe even properly remixed and remastered versions of the Original Trilogy scores.

One of those newfangled 'joke' things, Trent.

These days it's hard for me to tell if someone is joking on this board if there is no wink or some other similar emoticon.

Whates not clear to me is, George says he is retiring and then goes on to say he wants to make smaller movies. Which is it? I heard Lucas was no longer involved in doing Indiana Jones 5 but then just a couple months ago Steven Spielberg says he is wating for George's Indy 5 script. So, who knows what exactly is going on.

I have not seen RED TAILS but I have heard many good things about that film. I heard how much trouble Lucas had getting that film made and was surprised. If someone as powerful and wealthy as George Lucas can't a film made then something is wrong in Hollywood. George sounded almost bitter while discussing the difficulties he had with RED TAILS but hearing him talk about the actual movie reminded me of the 'old George Lucas' from the 80's. As a producer George made Labyrinth and Tucker,two films I really enjoyed and then Howard the Duck. A film that sucked but at the same time I admire him for taking the risk.

So, I would love to see George doing very small films now with NO CGI and just rely on story.

Oh god no...I would NOT see the films, IF they were made. Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carry Fisher are way to old now...well unless they set them YEARS (and I mean years) after Return Of The Jedi with the kids. However, I thought I remember reading once a while back that Harrison Ford wouldn't be in a Star Wars movie again after ROTJ.

Carrie Fisher, as she looks now, in the Jabba slave girl outfit. Think about it. Throw up. Then get back to us.

Whates not clear to me is, George says he is retiring and then goes on to say he wants to make smaller movies. Which is it? I heard Lucas was no longer involved in doing Indiana Jones 5 but then just a couple months ago Steven Spielberg says he is wating for George's Indy 5 script. So, who knows what exactly is going on.

He won't do a thing.

Lucas said after Indy 5 he won't do big budget films anymore, and "retire" to smaller scale stuff. Kennedy is going to be in charge of the entire company more or less, overseeing ILM, LucasArts, and Skywalker Sound as well as the 3D conversion of the 5 remaining Star Wars films. Lucas is staying on as co-chairman for a year.

Shame that Lucas has become disheartened with the industry as to leave his own companies, but if this brings good films, then if will be good.

And he did not put there Rick Mcallum so i think this bodes well :)

Well, I had read on a message board someone wrote to George Lucas and got a reply that he was done with Indy 5.

Dear Michael,

Thank you for writing all the way from Australia! I am so excited to hear that you are such a fervent fan of the Indiana Jones movies. They are pretty epic. Although Mr Lucas will not be making more Indiana Jones movies, there will be other projects to look forward to. I'm sure you will be able to find other movies you will love just as well. Since you are such a big fan, I've included a t=shirt for you to keep, so please enjoy!

Best wishes,

Elizabeth/Public Relations

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=22216

Its anybody's guess at this point. George needs to find a 'McGuffin' for Indy 5 and that could take years.

post-751-0-10021500-1338680294_thumb.jpg

Why is finding a McGuffin so difficult? You just find a pick something that's sort-of interesting and make a good story around it.

There are enough Indiana Jones books about all sorts of McGuffins, some good and some not so much, but that doesn't make or break the book.

My favourite is The Labyrinth of Horus, which is a weird and, as far as I'm aware, non-existant McGuffin, but still a brilliant adventure with lots of globetrotting fun.

At this point, I'm sure Spielberg is aware of how the last one was received. Can't imagine he's up for going through THAT again.

Well, Lets not forget once George decided to use the crystal skull for the last one he hired a taleneted screenwriter like Frank Darabont. Frank worked on the script for a year or more. George liked parts of the script but decided to re-work the script of Darabont's. I heard the Darabont script would have made the film better than it was. So, once George eventually finds whatever it is Indy will go after, he then has to find a screenwriter,give them time to write it,George has to approve it,then Spielberg and Ford have to approve it,then they have to fit it in their schedule, and so on. So, even if George finda an idea today it will still be another 5 years before we see it. How old will Harrison Ford be by then? Someone like George Lucas should have learned by now NOT to take so long to make these sequels. 16 years between Return of the Jedi and Phantom Menace. 19 years from Last Crusade to Crystal Skull. He should have either shot Indy 4 and 5 back to back, have Indy 5 be a sequel to Indy 4 or have a script for Indy 5 soon after finishing Indy 4. I was not a big fan of Indy 4 but I am a lot more forgiving of that than I am the Star Wars prequels. If he got a good story and they made Indy 5 a decent film and went out on a high note, that would be great. However, if Indy 5 does not come out within the next 2-3 years I say don't do it. If George gets off his ass,comes up with an idea,gets a script written ASAP then Indy 5 could shoot in about 12-14 months from now. I'm sorry but watching Harrison Ford in his mid to late 70's trying to act like an action hero is gonna be sad. I get embarrassed watching Sly Stallone doing action films.

Hopefully, Kathleen Kennedy will get the ball rolling on this one.

Spielberg troops have entered the base!

Yes, Spielberg can now do Star Wars his style! (I mean, did you see that crazy train chase? There were better ideas in that previz than the entire prequel trilogy together!)

Well, Lets not forget once George decided to use the crystal skull for the last one he hired a taleneted screenwriter like Frank Darabont. Frank worked on the script for a year or more. George liked parts of the script but decided to re-work the script of Darabont's. I heard the Darabont script would have made the film better than it was.

I read that one and I didn't like it. The Bond overtones where fun, and it technically made a bit more sense than the final script, but it was crowded with characters with not much to do and lacked any punch whatsoever. It also felt to me like a parody at some points :blink:

Carrie Fisher, as she looks now, in the Jabba slave girl outfit. Think about it. Throw up. Then get back to us.

She could play Jabba though.

Actually, she's slim now.

Inevitably what Kathleen Kennedy is going to be in charge of with Lucasfilm is...merchandising. There are no actual movies left, just merchandising. "We put the picture's name on everything!"

Joe Johnston had been trying to convince Lucas to let him make a boba fett film. Maybe with this new direction they let him.

Darabont's script for indy IV was had a lot of crap. I prefer the final version.

Joe Johnston had been trying to convince Lucas to let him make a boba fett film. Maybe with this new direction they let him.

You don't understand. Nothing is really changing. Kennedy is not going to own the rights to anything. Lucas will be gripping Star Wars with his cold, dead fingers.

I thought a movie based on The Fate of Atlantis would have been great

Hell, write an original script with Atlantis as the mcguffin and that'd be alright too

Of course, I'd prefer it if they did not make another one at all. But Atlantis would be better than aliens - I'm sorry, being from another dimension

Why is finding a McGuffin so difficult? You just find a pick something that's sort-of interesting and make a good story around it.

There are enough Indiana Jones books about all sorts of McGuffins, some good and some not so much, but that doesn't make or break the book.

My favourite is The Labyrinth of Horus, which is a weird and, as far as I'm aware, non-existant McGuffin, but still a brilliant adventure with lots of globetrotting fun.

Hey, that was my favorite novel as well! Has it been translated into Dutch? Most people here won't know it, because it's a German novel. The labyrinth, by the was, was actually described by Strabo as given in the novel. It refers to the mortuary temple of Amenemhet III of the Middle Kingdom at Hawara. Sadly nothing is left of it nowadays.

I wish they had made a movie out of Valiant's Magnus, Robot Fighter storylines