Some of the character names in AOTC...

King Mark

I just read the Count Chocula thread :roll: ,and people were bickering about some of the stupid character names in AOTC.

Here,you can argue some more about the names here.

Some of the Jedis in the battle:

Kit Fisto(The green dude)

Shaak Ti(With the weird multicolor appendages)

Plo Koon

Sasee Tinn

Nitko

Luminara Unduli(the women Jedi)

The Kamino dudes:

Tawn We

Tawn We Ta(the leader)

Genosian warrior taming the beasts:

Massif

The rest you know or will when they keep churning out more the figurines,they probably invent some of those names just for the sake of these action figures as they go along long after the movie is over with.

K.M.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rest  you know or will when they keep churning out more the figurines,they probably invent some of those names just for the sake of these action figures.

K.M.

Speaking of action figures, I'm having a heck of a time trying to find the Yoda figure. Anyone else have trouble? Every store I go to has no Yoda. I've seen everyone else, but not a Yoda. :music:

~Harry

Kit Fisto(The green guy)

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I liked his little smile he made after he chopped one of the C3PO's. That made me buy the action figure. :music:

~Harry

Kit Fisto(The green guy)

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I liked his little smile he made after he chopped one of the C3PO's. That made me buy the action figure. :music:

~Harry

He didn't chop him ,he knocked down the one with the C3PO body with a force hand gesture.Someone else chopped off the battle droid with the C3P0 head....anybody remember?

K.M.Who has to Plo Koon,be back in a few minutes.

I just can't believe they names a character kit FISTO?????? :music:

My mom saw the Yoda in a Wal-Mart and thought I had him... passed him up. D'OH!

-Chris, Who's mom adds to his collecting addiction by buying him most of his figures... :)

That was hilarious!!

Director - who will think of K.M. the next time he sees a SW figure..... lol

-Chris, Who's mom adds to his collecting addiction by buying him most of his figures... :)

NOOOOOOOO! That's horrible! She saw him?!?!?! I feel sorry for you. At least you had the chance of getting one.

~Harry

NOOOOOOOO! That's horrible! She saw him?!?!?! I feel sorry for you. At least you had the chance of getting one.

~Harry

Was he still alive??

I saw several Yoda figures the first day they were released in all of the toy sections around town but have not seen any more since. He must be selling fast. The same goes for Mace Windu and Count Dooku.

-Mark, who is so far behind on his collecting Star Wars Figures he can't even begin to think about buying Episode II Figures. :oops:

The prime minister of kamino is not called Taun we ta, but Lama Su.

Yeah,I figured it out looking at e-bay .Tawn We Ta i misread,The name I meant is Orn Free Ta,That's the fat senator with the blue Max Rebo like ears.

BTW,While looking through thousands of figures on racks at Toys R Us today, the girl in charge of the section stops me and asks me what Im looking for,I said YODA!.She said EVERYBODY asks for Yoda,and I have only seen only a few for sale.Surprisingly she invites me in the storage room and lets me look at around 15 unopened crates of figs.Most were in there,but in all,only 2 Yoda's(bought one of course :) ),but anyhow,he seems to be rare.Dexter and the Genosian Warrior are rare too since I didn't see a single one of them on the racks or in the boxes.Mine were lucky finds.

K.M.Informant of the State of the Action Figure Status,since he buys his himself,unlike Crusher.

K.K.M.,Who opens his figure packages and find the new ones can't stand up by themselves properly,and come with too many useless and fragile accesories,especially the new light sabers with the removable blades,and those "force" and blaster effects accesories look crap).

That was hilarious!!

Director - who will think of K.M. the next time he sees a SW figure..... lol

That sentense somehow just wrote itself on auto-pilot :) .I actually was laughing at it myself afterwards,whatever it meant ;)

K.M.

The Kamino dudes:

Tawn We

Tawn We Ta(the leader)

Actually the Prime Minister is called Lama Su... Taun We is the other main Kaminoan... the female.

The Kamino dudes:

Tawn We

Tawn We Ta(the leader)

Actually the Prime Minister is called Lama Su... Taun We is the other main Kaminoan... the female.

Mesa think you should read the thread before replying,that was already pointed out to me.

BTW ocelot,you've outdone yourself with your new avatar,a gay Darth Vader.No comments.

K.M.

The name I meant is Orn Free Ta,That's the fat senator with the blue Max Rebo like ears.

Actually those aren't ears. He's of the same species as Jabba's dancer/Rancor bait. Those are his head tails. Apparently when they get fat, they gain weight all over.

My Official Star Wars Magazine says that "Orn Free Ta" originates from "Corn Fritter" and was made up by George Lucas's children. (or so)

-Chris

Speaking of action figures, I'm having a heck of a time trying to find the Yoda figure.  Anyone else have trouble?  Every store I go to has no Yoda.  I've seen everyone else, but not a Yoda. :)

I have an original ESB Yoda. As well as a original Chewbacca. :music:

Justin

Here's another name.

Do you remember the guy who tried to sell Obi Wan some death sticks?

I just read the Star Wars Jango Fett Jedi Readers (a kids book), and it says that his name is Elan Sleazebaggano

Dexter Jettster was named after his son. I think the son named Dooku and Jar Jar too.

Those creatures in the Arena are called Reek(the rhino horned one, Acklay (the green one with the claws), and Nexu (the one that went after Padme)

Wow, I had no idea that Yoda was the most popular toy. I was expecting Jango or the Count to be the most popular.

Wow, I had no idea that Yoda was the most popular toy. I was expecting Jango or the Count to be the most popular.

People want the yoda because of the lightsaber he comes with and to most kids or even casual fan,Yodas's lightsaber fight is almost everyones favourite part of the movie.

Note there are already 4 differently posed but essentially identical Jango Fett figures,and all are common.Count Dooku is common.But Yoda is short packed,meaning there isn't that many in the boxes of figures Hasbro sends to the stores.

K.M.

I saw several Yoda figures the first day they were released in all of the toy sections around town but have not seen any more since. He must be selling fast. The same goes for Mace Windu and Count Dooku.

I don't have them either. I have almost everybody else... 8O

Mark, who is so far behind on his collecting Star Wars Figures he can't even begin to think about buying Episode II Figures. :oops:

KM and myself are always searching for a few we both need... but the ones we are missong are all too expensive...

-Chris, Who was shocked to read somewhere that Roald has a MIP Yak Face from the vintage line? You sonavagun!!!! He's the rarest of them all! :(

Boy, you're quick Morn. We've only been saying that since almost day one...

For the record, I keep them mint-in-package. I stopped opening them when I found out they are worth more sealed (late 80s when I was a teen).

My collection, if liquidated, could probably buy me a house... or at least a huge down payment on one. But hence the dilemma. Most of my collectibles I couldn't bear to part with. At least the older ones that I grew up on.

BTW, you don't get a collection worth that much by stealing everything you own...

-Chris, Who completely crushes Morn.. always... :twisted:

Sell the toys then and buy a home, what use are they otherwise in just packages? :)

That's what I don't get. Why get those toys if your not going to play with them? :)

Justin -Who has a big box full of Star Wars action figures in his closet. (Including a few original trilogy lightsabers with which he has many battles with... :lookaround: )

:sarcasm: you collect toys huh?

Darn my computer crashed when I was submitting my long response.I'll make a shorter one.

For those 4 inch SW figures SPECIFICALLY,the line blurs between a toy and a miniature sculpture or replica.The maniacs that make them at Hasbro are perfectionnists,if they don't like a sculpt the made 2 years ago because it's not well proportionned,the details are not exactly the same as in the movie,the paint job is not to their liking,the will make a new one that improves over the previous ones.Now even former oversised guns are exactly replicated and fit in holsters on the figure.Some acessories only hold in the figure's hand held by a small elastic band.Not exactly kid or play friendly.

Kids Buy the main characters mostly,but adults go for the oddball aliens or droids that you see 2 seconds in the background in the movie.Kids DONT buy the figures made in between movies either or get every variation of the same figure.

I found a small store in Montreal that sell excusively action figures,ALL the SW ones since 1995(for a price of course)and the more elaborate ones in some other lines...like they have the movie inspired Spiderman figures,but not the other kiddie ones.They have Spawn,LOTR,Simpsons and others.....They've been open for 3 years.NO kids shop in there,only adult collectors.

K.M.

Like KM said... these aren't your daddy's Star Wars toys. I had them too, and they were very generic in comparison. They make them more detailed all the time. Every year they get better and better (although KM disagrees with the AOTC line getting better... they simply made too many at once to keep the quality up, IMO). They basically are like mini-sculptures.

You'll find that most toy stores will have more adults inspecting the aisles and getting mass quantities of certain figure lines and toys than the kids. Like KM said... most kids will just want one character and that's all their parents will buy them... it's the adults want them all.

-Chris, Who got them all as a kid and hasn't stopped even though he doesn't make enough money to keep up with freakin' 40 figures released on the same freakin' day! AARGH! :mrgreen:

Sell the toys then and buy a home, what use are they otherwise in just packages? :mrgreen:

I think that too.I only collect the small SW figures but I open them and made a nice display. I don't care if they get valuable and don't keep them sealed away in boxes.

K.M.who saw at that store a Mc Farlane movie maniacs cinema scene.The half sunk Orca in Jaws with the shark jumped on the boat.You can put Quint in his mouth too.amazing set piece,and VERY well crafted,painted and detailed.

You'll find that most toy stores will have more adults inspecting the aisles and getting mass quantities of certain figure lines and toys than the kids.  

-Chris, :

Yes,no kids in the SW Action Figure section at Toys R Us,mostly suspicious looking adults with cell phones and grabbing bunches of the rarer figures.

K.M.

what use are they otherwise in just packages? :mrgreen:

I think that too.I only collect the small SW figures but I open them and made a nice display. I don't care if they get valuable and don't keep them sealed away in boxes.

Most of my vintage Star Wars collection (1978-1985), Transformers (the entire collection of the 1st 4 years 1984-1987 and many variants), and G.I. Joes (small scale Joes from 1982-up, never cared for the dolls) are all opened but I still own their packages. I used to display them, but ran out of room. Like I said... most of my collection since the late 80's (including the new Star Wars lines that re-started in 1995) are almost all still sealed "Mint in package" specimins.

K.M.who saw at that store a Mc Farlane movie maniacs cinema scene.The half sunk Orca in Jaws with the shark jumped on the boat.You can put Quint in his mouth too.amazing set piece,and VERY well crafted,painted and detailed.

I saw that too, around Christmastime last year. It is a very nice piece isn't it? McFarlane makes some good figs. His current sports lines are MAGNIFICENT. They look so real-to-life it's amazing. Had to get the Tim Duncan one....

-Chris, Who used to be the only one he knew in high school still collecting "toys"... and now all my old friends are all jealous because I kept all mine and they blew theirs up with firecrackers....

I saw that too, around Christmastime last year. It is a very nice piece isn't it? McFarlane makes some good figs.

Those movie scenes aren't figures..anyways that Jaws one is real gory.The were clear to do a similar thing from a scene of The Exorcist(the Head spin scene,and they have the exclusive contract) last year,prototypes were ready for production but they cancelled it just at the LAST minute.TOO gory and discusting was the reason.

K.M.Who might just buy that Jaws set piece.Impressive it is.

I have the JAWS set as well as McFarlane's KING KONG. Both are well sculpted.

I used to have all of my old Star Wars toys, now I only have the figures. About 12 years ago my ex-wife talked me into getting rid of alot of my toys. We had two kids at the time and I figured Star Wars had run it's course and my kids wouldn't be interested. Well after I did that Zahn's HEIR TO THE EMPIREcame out and the STAR WARScraze took off, again.

I started collecting the new figures but when the expanded universe came out that's when I fell behind because the collectors around this area started hoarding figures and I just didn't have the time to chase around town to each toy store. I've stuck to collectoing the Hallmark Christmas Ornaments for both Star Wars and Star Trek, although I'm missing the first Enterprise. I have a few of the large Star Trek Micro-Machine ship sets but missed out on that huge Star Wars one.

Currently I'm working on my Bandai Godzilla collection and I was shocked to find out that Bandai, starting in August, will begin releasing their Godzilla line in the USA. Hopefully this will save me alot of cash since I have to buy them as imports now. Another Toy line I was glad to finally see started was the Ray HarryHausen collection by X-Plus, another Japanese company. They have a 12" vinyl and 8" vinyl toy line. Tower Records has a few of those at their stores. I have the two 12" Cyclops and 24" Dragon from the 7th Voyage of Sinbad and have pre-ordered the 8" line.

I'm lucky my fiance collects Barbies so she understands my collecting habits and approves of them.

I'm lucky my fiance collects Barbies so she understands my collecting habits and approves of them.

My mom started me collecting and collects stuff herself. My girlfriend wants to buy me stuff for my collection too, so I think I'm safe. :mrgreen:

My mom started me collecting and collects stuff herself. My girlfriend wants to buy me stuff for my collection too, so I think I'm safe. :)

Oh man don't get me started on my mom and her collecting habits, sheesh. She's got wall to wall stuff, although she has bought me several cool Star Wars collectibles.

My fiance just bought me a bunch stuff for my collection for Father's Day. :)