After 20 years, I finally saw the Boston Pops Saturday......

KansasGuy

I live in Kansas City. I have been a huge John Williams fan and Boston Pops admirer since watching Evening at Pops in the 1990s. But I never made it to Boston and never had a chance to see the Pops or John Williams.

This year I decided I was going to come to Boston for film night and finally see two things I love. Williams and the pops. So I got tickets the day they went on sale and booked the flight for me and my wife.

I could not have had a more memorable night! I took the free tour at 2:00pm Saturday of the Symphony Hall and it made the night all that much better.

My favorite John Williams song is The Cowboys so I was shocked to see that was on the list! I was so glad to see it live! Just overwhelming for me!

The concert was amazing! I got teary many times because I was so glad to actually be there to see John Williams. What an amazing man. The ending with Jaws, Star Wars, Indiana Jones and ET was so nice because it was a surprise.

And the Stars and Stripes forever was a perfect way to end it!

I feel really blessed to have had the chance to see Mr. Williams conduct the pops. It is definitely my #1 music experience ever!

So I just wanted to tell everyone that I am really jealous that people in Boston have that opportunity every year. I hope John Williams will do the same thing in 2013! Because I have decided I will be there every year that he is willing to do it!

Sorry for the rambling post but I wanted to share this with people who "Get It"!

Glad you were there! A lot of us were also at that show, myself included. Usually we're able to meet John as he leaves the building outside, but he didn't do it this year (my avatar is from last year's show, he's very friendly!). Hopefully next year! :)

Nice. I grew up an hour away from Boston and I didn't realize until sometime in the 2000s that Williams returned there every year for concerts! It was ridiculous to think that all those years he was just a 50-something minute drive away. I have gone every year now for some time.

Are you the guy I met outside with you wife after the show, and we discussed your Williams and Horner collection, plus your trips to NYC, LA, Seattle, Vegas, etc?

Are you the guy I met outside with you wife after the show, and we discussed your Williams and Horner collection, plus your trips to NYC, LA, Seattle, Vegas, etc?

No it wasn't me.

I have only had one chance to see him conduct in person (several years ago in San Diego). It was a great evening and I am glad you and several others here got to experience it tonight.