JW music on Daily Show with Jon Stewart

indy4

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy you should do a thread this coming football season everytime a team's band plays John Williams.

JW music played during Florida Gator's football game. Jaws

JW music played during Alabama Crimson Tide's football game. Darth Vader's Theme

JW music played during Arkansas Razorback's football game. Theme from Superman

or throw in some JG

JG music played during Texas A&M's football game. Patton March.

Indy you should do a thread this coming football season everytime a team's band plays John Williams.

My marching band in undergrad used to use The Planet: Krypton as a warmup exercise for our pregame pep rally concerts before we marched to the stadium.

awesome, once the Razorback Marching band did a tribute to JW back in the 80's. It was a 8 or 9 minute medley.

My marching band in undergrad used to use The Planet: Krypton as a warmup exercise for our pregame pep rally concerts before we marched to the stadium.

In high school one of our sister schools did the same thing. We also had an Imperial March arrangement to be played during football games.

My high school marching band played both The Imperial March and Jaws in the stands, but I couldn't stand either arrangement. The Imperial March was in a terrible key, either 5 flats or 5 sharps, and the intonation in Jaws was always oppressive. We did get to scream bloody murder after the ritardando at the end, which was always fun.

I can remember marching to The Olympic Spirit, Theme from Jurassic Park, and Far and Away. We did a silly dance routine one year to Cantina Band. We also marched to ID4 and Twister for one show, but those aren't JW pieces.

My high school marching band played both The Imperial March and Jaws in the stands, but I couldn't stand either arrangement. The Imperial March was in a terrible key, either 5 flats or 5 sharps, and the intonation in Jaws was always oppressive. We did get to scream bloody murder after the ritardando at the end, which was always fun.

I can remember marching to The Olympic Spirit, Theme from Jurassic Park, and Far and Away. We did a silly dance routine one year to Cantina Band. We also marched to ID4 and Twister for one show, but those aren't JW pieces.

Nice, sounds fun. Other than the Imperial March in the stands, our Wind Ensemble and Jazz Ensemble have played the Cowboys Overture, Olympic Fanfare, Summon the Heroes, and Swing Swing Swing.

In middle school I played a medley of Williams music, which included Star Wars main theme, Jaws, Cadillac of the Skies, and The Land Race.

We never really cared about how we sounded on stand tunes, so our arrangements were pretty awful too. What mattered was the field show, which we took pretty seriously.