The official "random places you hear JW music" thread

indy4

These are rarely worth an entire thread, so from now on we can just post them here.

Earlier today on NPR they were talking about a book about slavery, and they played a little of "Cinque's Theme" from Amistad.

Marcy and I watched "Yes Man" last weekend, and being a WB movie it was filled with references to other WB movies including Harry Potter, and they used his actual underscore in a scene where they watch the films (and he was credited for it in the end credits)

Theme from Jurassic Park during the local forecast on Weather Channel.

Towering Inferno main title and Amazing Stories theme in the middle of the night during One More Disney Day at Magic Kingdom.

I heard Liberty Fanfare and March from Midway in Disney's California Adventure. Also heard "Slave Children's Crusade" during a ride at Six Flags.

In France we have this TV show called Pekin1.jpg

It is basically our version of The Amazing Race.

The thing is filled with JW cues ! Jurassic Park, HP, Indy...always puts a smile on my face every time I hear them :)

Munich playing at a local McDonald's. I thought I was going crazy.

Another moment, but Morricone instead of Williams. I was in AP World History, Junior year of high school (I remember this clearly lol). We were all taking a test so it was quiet, and I start to hear "On Earth As It Is In Heaven" ever so faintly. I looked around to see if anyone noticed, and no one had. It kept playing and playing and I was sure I was insane. Until I realized it was coming from the classroom next door, the history class there was watching The Mission.

riding the elevator in the Stratosphere in Vega they played Banning Back Home.

at a techno club. But I suppose that doesn't REALLY count now does it.....

I guess the other place would have been someone's ringtone in an elevator... Now WHY didn't i get his number!

You heard Williams at a techno club?

Full story, please!

A dj was mixing imperial march with whats now dubstep. Packed! The dance floor. That same night He played O Fortuna as well. It was an incredible night, for me, my boyfriend and substance abuse LOL

sex-drugs-dubstep_design.png

I'm not sure anyone can top this one.

Auschwitz-Birkenau in Best Buy, last Sunday. We were browsing washing machines and specifically, spin speed.

You heard Williams at a techno club?

Full story, please!

A dj was mixing imperial march with whats now dubstep. Packed! The dance floor. That same night He played O Fortuna as well. It was an incredible night, for me, my boyfriend and substance abuse LOL

sex-drugs-dubstep_design.png

Approximately 1999-2000 I was in Club 051 in Liverpool at 1am when suddenly I heard snares being mixed into to the current trance track. I was off my face on bacardi and ecstasy, there was about ten of us out together, boys and girls. When the melody eventually kicked in I was absolutely elated by what I heard! I remember a couple of friends coming over to me on the dance floor and shouting into my ear, "it's John Williams, Lee! Ha ha ha!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDxJg7zv_og&sns=em

Heh, it sounds really shit nearly fifteen years later, but the whole club was bouncing to it in that moment ;)

Club_051.jpg

Earlier this year I went to Vienna, and more specifically to the Vienna Philharmonic Museum in the Haus der Musik. It's a whole floor dedicated to the memories of the orchestra and its historic conductors (Furtwängler, Karajan & co.); and the very first music I heard there was the Main Theme from Star Wars.

Biggest moment in my JW fandom.

I bet you would!

I remember that night so clearly, it's quite amazing actually. It was near Halloween and I was a sexy soccer/football ref, pony tail, short ass skirt, indoor cleats.....Honestly there was so much groping, grinding and making out on that dance floor. If you were there Lee, well...I can't go into more detail without upsetting admin. Get ready for the saucy details in your PM

I'm not sure anyone can top this one.

Auschwitz-Birkenau in Best Buy, last Sunday. We were browsing washing machines and specifically, spin speed.

Images in the lobby of a day care center.

Earlier this year I went to Vienna, and more specifically to the Vienna Philharmonic Museum in the Haus der Musik. It's a whole floor dedicated to the memories of the orchestra and its historic conductors (Furtwängler, Karajan & co.); and the very first music I heard there was the Main Theme from Star Wars.

Biggest moment in my JW fandom.

I didn't know they have that there. But if it was the VP, it was probably their summer nights concert performance, which took place after I was at the Haus der Musik the last time.

Exactly. They were playing

of the 2010 Summer Night Concert in the next room when I entered the place. Star Wars played by the Wiener Philharmoniker in Schönbrunn gardens was not really what I had come to expect from Vienna’s musical culture.

It should be expectable (is that a word?) - after all, one could argue that Vienna is the origin of symphonic Holywood music, and not just because of Korngold and Steiner. Sadly, this legacy has mostly been neglected, though things have improved a little over the last few years.

I'd been waiting for some 15 years for the Vienna Philharmonic to play music from Star Wars. When they finally did, most people I know who care about music in any way were there, and some who don't (the Summer Night Concerts are free). Except for me - I was on a plane returning from a business trip.

football stadiums, basketball areanas, golf courses. Airshows.

Ooh, ooh, ooh. The Brady Bunch movie from 1995 was on the other night. At one point, there was music clearly temp-tracked or just plain ripped off from Home Alone. You can hear the end of it

The theme from the Mission is played partially during a 30 Rock episode.

And there are 2 great references to JW in Ted.

• 1 month later...

Not John Williams, but I've been hearing Hans Zimmer everywhere. First, in the beginning of CNN's coverage of the Democratic National Convention there was an almost note-for-note rip of the love theme from PotC: At World's End. Then I was watching Pawn Stars and they used the two note Batman motif over synth percussion loops that was VERY clearly a Batman rip.

I've heard Batman Begins and Michael Clayton in Dateline specials before. They feel so out of place but I guess to the average NBC viewer its just synth droning.

Ha, i saw the same thing i think. It was a dateline special and clearly had the batman begins score used. I thought it looked terribly out of place, because it was much more dramatic and movie-esque than the footage they were showing. :)

I put this in the youtube clip thread, but thought I would put it here too. As a ToD score nut, this was like finding gold for me:

It's interesting because it's not the original recording. It's a real orchestra playing the ToD score, re-recorded with subtle (and not so subtle) differences. For any ToD score fan, this is a real treat.

Hahaha, that is awesome.

I remember once somebody posted a YouTube video with a synth recording of a piece that was very blatantly stolen from Summon the Heroes...I wish I could find it.

Olympic Fanfare and Theme, tonight, which opened the main program of The Last Night of the Proms on the BBC. It was a very nice performance.

Anyway, I'm feeling suitably exalted and patriotic again. Such a wonderful pageant of music and Britishness!

God Save the Queen.

I've heard Batman Begins and Michael Clayton in Dateline specials before. They feel so out of place but I guess to the average NBC viewer its just synth droning.

Ha, i saw the same thing i think. It was a dateline special and clearly had the batman begins score used. I thought it looked terribly out of place, because it was much more dramatic and movie-esque than the footage they were showing. :)

Yeah it was like "Molossus" being played over a montage of boring pictures with narration.