Is this video unique?

Quintus

Not a great performance, but notable for being footage of the slower tempo concert arrangement, like the movie score itself. Just curious. It's a shame the quality ain't great, but I'd still take this over what I think is the souless quicker version.

Well I just heard a performance of this suite in the slower film version tempo this spring by the Tampere Filharmonia Orchestra but I think Williams usually prefers to conduct the quicker version in concerts.

I'm not sure if I've heard it performed that slowly. It's wonderful. I enjoy watching the conductor from the angle of the orchestra. Give me an entire video from that angle. It's amazing. And if course the video being Jurassic park makes me brim full of love.

I think it's a fine version. The regal...almost spiritual....aspects of the theme comes to the fore more properly.

The slow version is really the quintessential one in my mind. As you say it sounds much more hymn-like and majestic in this version and the choir heard on the soundtrack adds an additional spiritual dimension to it. It has always sounded like reverent celebration of nature to me. Perhaps that is why it is among my very favourite John Williams themes as it captures the elusive and magical feeling of absolute awe and wonderment.

I have always treasured this piece. It's beautiful and as was mentioned before a regal, majestic , spiritual aspect to it at this tempo

This is my own recording, I myself transferred, and someone posted on youtube.

About the tempo, those with perfect pitch hearing, my try to check, as this being broadcasted in Portuguese television, was recorded on the Pal system.

Yes, back in 1996, RTP, Portuguese public television broadcasted 13 "Evening at Pops" shows, most of them from 1991 to 1993. There was one from 1984, and the two first Lockhart taped concerts from 1995. I taped them all, and some years later, when my brother got a stand alone DVD recorder I converted them all.

In those 91-93 shows there are other Williams composed pieces, including "Far and Away", "Flight to Neverland" and the Olympic Fanfare and Theme. I believe you can find them all on youtube, as I shared this discs back then with a number of people, and eventually they found their way to youtube.

Yes, back in 1996, RTP, Portuguese public television broadcasted 13 "Evening at Pops" shows, most of them from 1991 to 1993. There was one from 1984, and the two first Lockhart taped concerts from 1995. I taped them all, and some years later, when my brother got a stand alone DVD recorder I converted them all.

In those 91-93 shows there are other Williams composed pieces, including "Far and Away", "Flight to Neverland" and the Olympic Fanfare and Theme. I believe you can find them all on youtube, as I shared this discs back then with a number of people, and eventually they found their way to youtube.

You should take it as a compliment! :)

If only movie distibutors and TV companies understood it that way. :P

This is my own recording, I myself transferred, and someone posted on youtube.

About the tempo, those with perfect pitch hearing, my try to check, as this being broadcasted in Portuguese television, was recorded on the Pal system.

So the original might be even slower? ;)

there are other Williams composed pieces, including "Far and Away", "Flight to Neverland" and the Olympic Fanfare and Theme. I believe you can find them all on youtube, as I shared this discs back then with a number of people, and eventually they found their way to youtube.

Hello, i confirm this, as i'm the one who posted these videos as i'm Martyprod2 and that it's Miguel who sent me this footages. i'll never have enough words to tell him thanks to have sent me these footages. i hope miguel, that you're still ok that i post them on youtube and share them with so many people. part of my collection come from miguel. other part come from my own recordings (easy to find them, they have the Onyx german TV Channel Logo on it and the PBS logo come as well from private recording i requested in 2002/2003 to a very close friend who recorded them in USA for me and who are Digital Mpeg2 recording done on a DVD recorder. i don't know if i must re-upload these ones in full video quality and sound or not. because the quality is amazing as it's from digital TV. i have still some couples of videos to post from my own archives and i hope Miguel is still ok that i post the files that i didn't posted yet from what he sent to me because it's really too bad that some people keep these videos privatly. these videos must be shared with everybody. it's film music history.

one anecdote : i'm suffering from an hearing disorder, and i have never listened to 99% of the videos i posted and still can't. so other people enjoy them for me , in some kind :).

Wow! PLEEEEEEASE upload the higher quality versions! You would be a hero here!

Hey Quint, first, i want to warm you. this is not the jurassic park video that i have in Digital Recording on DVD. i have 3 boston pops show in these quality. 2 with williams. one of the show features the A.I duet with josh grpban and lara fabian, lara fabian singing evergreen, far and away tune played by a guitar player and some other tunes that i don't remember. they are already on my account, but i never uploaded the maximum quality of them, it was avi files produced many years ago and who were on my previous account (closed now), the first martyprod ( lol) ...

here is one of the video uploaded but not in full mpeg quality :

the other dvd is the one with all the harry potter videos that i uploaded on my account.

the third dvd i have is one conducted by lockhart, and featuring vanessa williams (amazing when she sings colors of the wind in an amazing white dress etc ..). i didn't posted this one yet.

so must i repost the 2 dvd in full quality ?