A Nostalgic Jazz Odyssey

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The concert works section of this site says it was available on LP at some point but that is all the info there is. I expect the LP is well out of print by now. But I do remember that I have seen this piece on JW concert work and rarities bootlegs over the years. Let's hope it will be re-recorded one day soon. :)

It's a great piece.....quite brooding and foreboding, but with some very interesting harmonic structures. I'm only familiar with the ol' LP release (Hunsberger).

The Nostalgic Jazz Odyssey was never released on LP. I'm not sure what was the source for the bootleg, maybe some radio broadcast...

I don't know about the link you posted, but I wouldn't pay for something that is a bootleg to start with. I'm sure someone will gladly help you with this one ;)

The Nostalgic Jazz Odyssey was never released on LP. I'm not sure what was the source for the bootleg, maybe some radio broadcast...

Are you sure about that? From what I remember, the Hunsberger/Eastman Wind Ensemble recording was for a Deutsche Gramophon release in the 70's. Or maybe that was the Sinfonietta for Wind Ensemble....I keep thinking they were on the same "disc".

[Edit: Nevermind. After some googling, I see that the Nostalgic recording had nothing to do with the Hunsberger/Eastman/DG recording of the Sinfonietta.]

I don't know about the link you posted, but I wouldn't pay for something that is a bootleg to start with. I'm sure someone will gladly help you with this one ;)

Ah I stand corrected then. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I moved your post to a more recent thread you might have better luck with (how did your search turn up the old thread you bumped instead of this one?)

The Nostalgic Jazz Odyssey was never released on LP

In an older thread, Miguel, you posted that you had it, and shared a link to it but is dead now. Any chance you can share a link?

how did your search turn up the old thread you bumped instead of this one?

I saw this, but looking forward I found the one that Miguel posted with the link, so that's why I used that

It would be illegal to download this from the internet anyway, so we can't link to it

Did you search youtube?