So Ridley Scott is directing a Prometheus sequel... (The official Alien: Covenant Thread)

crocodile

According to this article, somebody else will direct Prometheus 2 as Ridley Scott has chosen to do "The Cartel" next now that The Martian is wrapped

Well, work is work.

Wait a minute! With a new director Prometheus might turn into a worthy franchise!

Now all the naysayers will see the sequel to check out if a new director will make a difference. Maybe Ridley Scott is brilliant after all!

Alex

I would say in the last 15 years, Black Hawk Down, Matchstick Men, Kingdom of Heaven (DC) and American Gangster were all good movies. While his projects over the last 8 years have been questionable, I don't think he's incapable of directing a another good movie.

I liked Gladiator when I first saw it in the theater but it didn't really hold up for me upon further viewings.

Maybe, but I still enjoy every scene Joaquin Phoenix is in. Great performance.

• 4 weeks later...

According to this article, somebody else will direct Prometheus 2 as Ridley Scott has chosen to do "The Cartel" next now that The Martian is wrapped

http://collider.com/ridley-scott-to-direct-el-chapo-movie-the-cartel/

Apparently it's all changed now!

Ridley Scott Says 'Prometheus 2' Is His Next Film

• 4 weeks later...

They ruined Ripley and turned her into a creepy Alien-loving weirdo.

When your protagonist spends the entire movie wanting to make love to the antagonist, a film loses most of its tension.

We really should have a prequel that explores why the Xenomorphs are misunderstood creatures.

No doubt there will be scenes where they are caged and mistreated by humans, thus allowing the audience to sympathize with their plight and root for them to escape.

It'll be like King Kong meets Planet of the Apes.

We really should have a prequel that explores why the Xenomorphs are misunderstood creatures.

No doubt there will be scenes where they are caged and mistreated by humans, thus allowing the audience to sympathize with their plight and root for them to escape.

It'll be like King Kong meets Planet of the Apes.

An alien messiah rises from the pack, and leads a revolution of aliens against the tyranny of the Engineers.

I just complained about its characters and the dumb choices they made, and the unrealistic portrayals of things (Noomi Rapace running around no problem after having her stomach sliced open and stitched)

Questions are more interesting.

But everyone complained that Prometheus posed so many questions without answering them.

Only the latest generation did. The rest understood that Ridley has started on his quest to explain everything, even where we come from. After five more sequels we'll know who or what created god himself.