The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Kendal_Ozzel

The infinity gauntlet is a glove Thanos wears, which is comprised of the Infinity Gems (The different Gems representing Time, Matter, Soul, Space, Reality, Mind). Basically, if you have the Gauntlet, you can do whatever the fuck you want.

The mid-credits scene after the newest Thor gives a good indication of what Guardians of the Galaxy will be like; it definitely seems like Thanos is being saved for the third Avengers installment, with everything else focusing on the Infinity Stones leading up to his appearance.

Guardians looks like it will have a nice 80s feel to it which will be nice.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't know anyone was disappointed with how The Avengers looked.

Wally Pfister was. He was downright mean about how it looked, the framing in some areas, and ripping the digital aspect. I daresay he would've been just as blunt even if The Avengers was shot in anamorphic 35mm.

Seeing Ben Davis' work on Stardust, Wrath of the Titans, and Tamara Drewe -- he can handle a variety of looks and aesthetics. Hopefully James Gunn convinced Whedon to not only use Davis, but also shoot in scope as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Compared to the epic look of The Dark Knight Roses The Avengers looks a bit....made for TV. It's rare to see a 200+ million film in 16:9

What was the big deal about the film's aspect ratio? So many films are in 1.85:1, a perfectly valid format that suited The Avengers.

And at least it's consistent. The constant switching of the aspect ratio in TDK and TDKR was so distracting, it was almost farcical.

I'll be sad if Horner can't be arsed with the sequels. He seems to be the only guy writing decent action cues these days.

Oh come on now, didn't you HEAR THAT MAN OF STEEL SCORE, IT WAS IF NOTHING ELSE

LOUD

I wonder if at what point, if any, will the over saturation of Marvel films or Marvel Character related films (Sony's Spiderman) start to have an effect. Will there be a backlash at some point? Seriously if it were going to happen it probably would have by now.

Early predictions for next summers top films points directly to Marvel's Captain America: Winter Soldier, to be the top film of 2014. Color me shocked. I liked the first Captain America, but it showed nothing that lends itself to being top at the boxoffice,

At some point it must. I guess this is why Marvel is trying to do a few different kind of films like Antman (a comedy???) and Guardians Of The Galaxy (away from earth).

The problem with the Marvel films and the Marvel character films is that they are mostly the same kinds of action/adventure movies with slightly different characters.

I'm fine with Tyler getting the gig. He's a perfect composer for those films if you think about it. And his music perfectly encapsulates Marvel cinematic universe - bold, loud, exciting... and not terribly memorable. A match made in heaven. It's a waste of time for Silvestri, to be honest (even though I like his two Marvel scores).

Karol

Compared to the epic look of The Dark Knight Roses The Avengers looks a bit....made for TV. It's rare to see a 200+ million film in 16:9

What was the big deal about the film's aspect ratio? So many films are in 1.85:1, a perfectly valid format that suited The Avengers.

And at least it's consistent. The constant switching of the aspect ratio in TDK and TDKR was so distracting, it was almost farcical.

The aspect ration of The Avengers was clearly chosen on purpose to fit shots like the rotating group shot and vertical action. It's fine.

Like The Dark Knight Rises. Say what you want about the film, but this is the only blockbuster in recent memory that looks absolutely massive. Probably because of it' CG-light, shot-on-film, mostly oldschool grand pompous (and vain too) approach.

Karol

well it was Hanz zimmer after all, low expectations still = low reward.

Sums up my feelings toward about 90% of what I hear in films these days. Zimmer is merely the current banner carrier, apparently.

I cant think of any 200+ million dollar films shot in 1.85 : 1

Pacific Rim. Even though the studio claim it cost $190 million, I'm sure it was around $200 million without the tax breaks and such. But that was another mega-budget film shot in 1.85:1.

Oh, and Avatar is another -- even though the 2D version was exhibited in 2.35:1.

"Toy Story 3".

Pacific Rim. Even though the studio claim it cost $190 million, I'm sure it was around $200 million without the tax breaks and such. But that was another mega-budget film shot in 1.85:1.

Oh, and Avatar is another -- even though the 2D version was exhibited in 2.35:1.

How was in converted from 1.85 to 2.35?

There's no source listed, but an FSMer is claiming Brian Tyler has signed on to score Avengers 2.

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=100844&forumID=1&archive=0

That's a pretty boring choice. Don't get me wrong, he's a much better choice than hacks like Lorne Balfe and Steve Jablonsky but his music is still a little bit too generic for me.

I seem to recall Robert Zemeckis or Bob Gale saying on either the old BTTF DVD or the recent BD that they shot the film in 1.85:1 because they figured TVs were going to look like that anyway.

They should know, after all, they effectively created Sony Corp.