Question about Not With My Wife You Don't

indy4

I eventually want to get both FSM releases, but for now which one should I choose? The first release LP program, or the volume II complete score? Is there anything in the former that isn't in the latter?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The album has some cool extended/ jazzy arrangements of some ideas only briefly heard in the actual score which makes the album unique and also a better listening experience imho since its a collection of tracks made FOR the album.

I like this score a lot...if I'm remembering right I think that for volume II, they couldn't find one reel of tape that had a few minor cues on it...so technically isn't the COMPLETE score but almost complete.

So I would buy the volume 1 first.

Okay thanks! I just listened to John Goldfarb for the first time since I got it, and my biggest complaint was that nothing was really developed...the snippets of ideas that Williams wrote were usually pretty cool, but they were so short lived. So I think I'll go with the OST.

Okay thanks! I just listened to John Goldfarb for the first time since I got it, and my biggest complaint was that nothing was really developed...the snippets of ideas that Williams wrote were usually pretty cool, but they were so short lived. So I think I'll go with the OST.

Absolutely! Go with the LP release.

GOLDFARB isnt' a very good score to begin with, but it's made even worse by the presentation. I think it could have worked moderately well had it been rerecorded as an album at the time. But sadly, it wasn't. And FSM didn't make any effort to try and make it into one. So awhile back, I tried to "play record producer" and make a playlist of my own. Didn't work particularly well. I landed at maybe 20-something minutes that were worthwhile, but even these tracks were totally schizophrenic, so it's not a very good listening experience. Better than the whole thing, for sure, but still not good. I don't think there's any hope for this unless someone decides to rerecord it and expand upon the themes, arranging them as individual, self-sufficient pieces.

I don't think there's any hope for this unless someone decides to rerecord it and expand upon the themes, arranging them as individual, self-sufficient pieces.

But that's not what film music is!

Maybe not, but it's what SOUNDTRACK ALBUMS are! ;)

I don't think there's any hope for this unless someone decides to rerecord it and expand upon the themes, arranging them as individual, self-sufficient pieces.

If someone other than John Williams expanded upon the themes, then it would not even be a John Williams album anymore. It would be a "fantasia by somebody else of music written a lifetime ago by John Williams and forgotten soon thereafter which would explain why John Williams never returned to it to write the ballet or other desired expanded concert work to flesh out the music into a pleasing listening experience for an audience of one."

If someone other than John Williams expanded upon the themes, then it would not even be a John Williams album anymore. It would be a "fantasia by somebody else of music written a lifetime ago by John Williams and forgotten soon thereafter which would explain why John Williams never returned to it to write the ballet or other desired expanded concert work to flesh out the music into a pleasing listening experience for an audience of one."

I would buy that!

Get both because you never know if you'll eventually want them both and when they go OOP, they'll be on eBay for $150.

Eventaully that's the plan, but for now I can only get one.

• 8 years later...