What is the most astoundingly dull moment of JW writing ever?

i cant find differences between the raiders march concert version in this film and ROTLA, except in sound quality.

in fact the holywood symphony did an excellent job, it sounds as the LSO performing.

but of course you want to hate it so much that even a perfect performance becomes crap.

On the other hand, Williams did bring us a new ending in the credits to freshen things a little. not the same boring thing from always.

All the outrage over KOTCS - wich IS a middling score - really was expected, since people always build up this enormous anticipation. What music could possibly live up to that? And given the movie, it still does its job commendably - i guess Spielberg encouraged Williams to quote former snippets to give the movie a feel of familiarity, just as Lucas did on ROTS.

All in all, KOTCS is not that dull - there are parts of those beloved scores like FAR AND AWAY that are less interesting.

Crystal Skull kinda puts me to sleep.

All JW music does.

Luke, are you deaf? The LSO Raiders version of the march sounds like no other version in existence. The only difference is sound quality??

Yeah, the first notes are played much more strongly in the LSO recording for one.

The action music of Jedi will never be topped.

Jedi had action music!?

All the outrage over KOTCS - wich IS a middling score - really was expected, since people always build up this enormous anticipation. What music could possibly live up to that? And given the movie, it still does its job commendably - i guess Spielberg encouraged Williams to quote former snippets to give the movie a feel of familiarity, just as Lucas did on ROTS.

All in all, KOTCS is not that dull - there are parts of those beloved scores like FAR AND AWAY that are less interesting.

I think a full CD can be made of really interesting material - it's the quieter bits before the Jungle Chase that seem to drag its reputation down.

I revisited Far and Away a few days ago via itunes samples (found the CD cheap on Amazon) and it actually sounded quite good. Although I do remember cues such as 'Am I Beautiful' and 'Inside the Mansion' not being exactly riveting.

From a story perspective, the CD does actually contain relevant stuff (to do with Oxley, and finding the skull/discovering its power). I guess Williams just found that quieter material much more interesting than many of us do.