ParaNorman by Jon Brion

QMM

The soundtrack is dropping tomorrow I believe but they're streaming the whole thing right here

We need some more Brion discussion here. I feel he's sorely overlooked.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a nice score, one of the more interesting stand-out new scores I have heard this year. Not what I'm used to listening to, honestly, but I liked that it was a bit different! :) I however was a bit disappointed in the "climactic" cue "Aggie Fights". Just didn't like that track very much at all and had hoped for a more exciting finale. But perhaps it works well for whatever scene it goes with in the film. Never had heard of this guy before, but he isn't bad! Oh, and definitely wanna catch this movie when it comes out. :D

We need some more Brion discussion here. I feel he's sorely overlooked.

I have to admit the name was not familiar to me at all, so I looked him up on wikipedia. Turns out he's scored a number of films I've seen, thought none of their scores stood out to me when i saw them. Which Brion scores would you recommend?

I love Magnolia (although I only really listen to four tracks on the soundtrack). Punch-Drunk Love and Eternal Sunshine would probably come after that. Synecdoche, New York and I Heart Huckabees aren't bad either.

It's a shame that a lot of his work has gone unreleased though, as he scored a Miranda July movie this past year that was apparently great and he's scored some shorts for Disney.

I never saw Step Brothers, but just watching this featurette makes me wish it had a proper release