Weird incident with film music maniac (?)

filmmusic

Hello all.

I wanted to describe a weird thing happening to a close friend of mine.

He has moved to a house 2-3 months ago, 3 blocks near my house.

Every once in a while ( every 2 days approx. or maybe more - my friend doesn't stay all the time in his house), a red SMART passes by the street and its driver listens to his cd player in the highest volume possible with opened windows, the musical theme of Halloween!

this goes on for 2-3 months that my friend is in this house.

He has put this in facebook, and another person that lived some time ago near there, said he heard it too..

Yesterday, while we were talking in the telephone, i heard it too, and he said that was the 2nd time it was passing by that day.

What do you think?

the driver just loves this piece so much?? and he must have been playing it non-stop. I mean it mustn't be a coincidence that he hears it only when he passes by that neighbourhood.

Spooky, isn't it?

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMLPnk9-6MM

Well if that is a coincidence it is an uncanny one. Really spooky.

The funny thing is that my friend thought at first that it was the music from the Exorcist.

And i told him, ok, that is not spooky. it's just Mike Oldfield's Tubular bells. It's not a spooky piece. It just happened to be used in the Exorcist (which by the way , i think it was unfitted).

But then he hummed me the piece and i told him: "wait! that's from Halloween! Oh my God!"

I don't think it's anything sinister. He just loves that theme and driving to it? I'm probably my neighborhood's version of that guy, the John Williams version. I also listen to audio from Disney attractions including the Monorail when I drive. It may be insane, but who cares.

You should see me when I'm listening to the Bicycle Chase from E.T. while riding my bike.

well, i would like to be there in the street when he passes, to see where he goes. maybe he lives in the neighbourhood..

I wonder, would calling the police would do any good?

"police there? please come here. an annoying person is playing aloud a soundtrack piece from a horror movie, all the time" :biglaugh:

I wonder if the RED SMART has anything to do with the whole situation..

one thing's for sure:

he wants to gain attention since he listens to it with the volume up and windows open!

Maybe he lives there, and when he approaches he puts this piece to annoy his mother-in-law that he hates? who knows..

to tell you the truth, now that I think of it, I would like to be there, and If I see him, to ask him about that theme and that i was wondering why he likes it so much.

I hope you won't find me afterwards with a Knife stuck in my throat! :biglaugh:

the description of the "killer" (according to my friend's facebook post):

beard, sunglasses and white shirt.

and by the way, a correction:

it's not 2-3 months, it's 5 months that this has been going on!

This reminds me of an incident half a year ago when I drove up to my house at around 2.30 at night, listening to "Dernhelm In Battle", with windows closed, and when I walked towards my door, one of my neighbours was kind enough to wait for me at the door in her nightgown, yelling at me for listening to music in my car.

The same person complained to the house owner a few weeks later that she hears it when I have the water running in the kitchen, and it would drive her insane.

Maybe she has super-hearing.

It just happened to be used in the Exorcist (which by the way , i think it was unfitted).

It made the composer and the producer very successful. Before the movie, nobody knew the album existed.

Why? Does she prefer the alternate version? If so, I agree with her. The CR version is largely inferior to the theatrical version.

Whats the difference?

This reminds me of an incident half a year ago when I drove up to my house at around 2.30 at night, listening to "Dernhelm In Battle", with windows closed, and when I walked towards my door, one of my neighbours was kind enough to wait for me at the door in her nightgown, yelling at me for listening to music in my car.

The same person complained to the house owner a few weeks later that she hears it when I have the water running in the kitchen, and it would drive her insane.

Maybe she has super-hearing.

Must be related to my downstairs neighbour who complained about my playing the ukulele at 2am.

That I understand, who the fuck plays ukulele?

She should have bowed down and kiss my feet for letting her have part in listening to such mastery.

Also reminds me of the time I bought a trumpet (one of these 150 Euro things) because I wanted to practice with it.

That was quickly dispatched with when I heard swearing from next door ...

Haha this is quite funny, although I would be slightly creeped out by it. At least he doesn't do it in the middle of the night!

But I do agree, a film score war is necessary. ;)

• 2 years later...

Filmmusic - what happened to this smart car guy?

My friend has moved from that house more than a year ago so I don't have a report on this from him..

The car also didn't pass by my house so I don't know either.

But we think we pinpointed the car near here..(we found a red smart parked in a specific house, and I often see it there when i get by)

I don't know unless I see him in the street someday.

by the way, reading this thread from the start, i forgot to mention afterwards that I also was a witness of the mysterious car, once when I was at my friend's house.

It was really really loud!!!

When i wrote this thread I hadn't ever seen Halloween.

Since I watched it and saw that the killer was driving around the neighbourhood, I think maybe "our guy" is just a madman that wanted to mimic that behaviour..