Lincoln SCORE Discussion thread

Jay

Honestly on November 6th I'm going to be busy with election stuff anyways, so I won't be able to go to Best Buy or listen to the CD that day. But thanks for the info!

The People's House theme is the reversal of the Tintin Heroic theme

In this case we get a concert version but none of it in the score

I don't think it's a concert version. Wouldn't surprise me if the cue appears exactly like that in the film.

Honestly on November 6th I'm going to be busy with election stuff anyways, so I won't be able to go to Best Buy or listen to the CD that day. But thanks for the info!

Ooh, I already voted so I'll be able to buy the CD on Tuesday, and hopefully the stores will be sparsely populated.

I'll go to HMV to buy it. As usual the store cleak will have no idea what I'm talking about. Then she will check the computer to tell be it will be late 3 weeks

I lost the cord that connects my headphones to my computer, so at the moment I don't have any means of listening to Lincoln in good sound quality.

What about burning the tracks on CD and then listening to it on a CD player the old-fashioned way? :)

Isn't it like $11? BBY would be the same with tax.

No, Amazon is selling it for $11.88. Unless your state charges 20% sales tax, its cheaper to buy it at Best Buy. However, like I said, i fully expect Amazon to lower their price to $9.99 to match Best Buy's, probably on either Sunday or Tuesday

The CD is going to get released in the UK in January. It's price is currently GBP 9.99. If I order it from the American Amazon now, it would be exactly GBP 11.87 with shipping. Not much of a difference, eh?

Karol

Oh, I already voted so I'll be able to buy the CD on Tuesday, and hopefully the stores will be sparsely populated.

I already voted to, I'm talking about campaigning.

I lost the cord that connects my headphones to my computer, so at the moment I don't have any means of listening to Lincoln in good sound quality.

What about burning the tracks on CD and then listening to it on a CD player the old-fashioned way? :)

I would, but I gave my stereo away a few years ago.

Isn't it like $11? BBY would be the same with tax.

No, Amazon is selling it for $11.88. Unless your state charges 20% sales tax, its cheaper to buy it at Best Buy. However, like I said, i fully expect Amazon to lower their price to $9.99 to match Best Buy's, probably on either Sunday or Tuesday

So we're talking a difference of like $1.40. Not a big deal.

So why not buy from Amazon and bypass the hassle? I don't get why some of you still buy scores in stores.

I try to avoid buying anything online if I can avoid it. You have to stay home and wait for mailman to get the package

And Publicist your posts are so depressing to read

So why not buy from Amazon and bypass the hassle? I don't get why some of you still buy scores in stores.

I try to avoid buying anything online if I can avoid it. You have to stay home and wait for mailman to get the package

What's wrong with it sitting in a mailbox? That's what those are for, aren't they? Do Canadians sit at home and wait all day for the mail?

Where is the trouble in picking up the CD from the post office after you receive a notice it has arrived?

I am lucky that our mail slots are wide and tall enough for a double CD package envelope at least but sometimes the specialty labels get carried away with the packaging materials or use a too large box so I have to fetch the package from the post office. But luckily it is just a few blocks away so I don't find it annoying.

it annoys me

So let me get this straight. It annoys you to drive to the post office to pick up a CD, but you're fine with scrounging around multiple stores to track down one score, risking the chance that it's out of stock and that some cute check out girl will think you're weird instead of just heading straight for the post office?

Gotcha.

Among all the things I have done in my short and pitiful life, becoming an inside joke on JWFAN is the one I'm the least proud of.

Fixed!