The Long Goodbye complete score released by Quartet Records

Omen II

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KM, you're really not getting this? What sort of JW fan ARE you??

The sort that criticizes other people for not being devout Williamsians but then doesn't buy anything pre-Jaws.

Pre-jaws is bitchin awesome!

I ordered this two days ago from Quartet (the day it was released). Although I received a message from Paypal saying that I sent payment, I have had no confirmation e-mail, or any communication at all from Quartet, and the money has not come out of my account yet. Now that it has sold out at Quartet I am nervous that my order wasn't processed. I really don't want to miss out on this release, so I went and bought a copy from SAE just to be safe. So now I probably have two copies of this disc, all because Quartet failed to send a confirmation e-mail. I am not happy at all.

If this is a kind of relief, I too haven't received shipping confirmation yet and I ordered it too directly from Quartet on Friday. I guess they're busy processing all the orders they received, which are probably much more than they usually get.

mean(pixie_twinkle,king mark)=1

So I am the chosen one? I bring balance to JWFan?

My bank account has now been charged twice by Paypal, so it looks like I'll be getting two copies. Still no confirmation e-mail from Quartet though. Oh well. Maybe I'll try to sell the other on Amazon or E-bay.

Actually, I was hoping that somebody would correct my Excel function. It should have led with an equals sign, and there is no "mean" function in the versions of Excel that I use. I usually try to use "=mean()" anyways and get the #NAME? error message, then remember, and change it to "=average()."

mean(pixie_twinkle,king mark)=1

So I am the chosen one? I bring balance to JWFan?

My bank account has now been charged twice by Paypal, so it looks like I'll be getting two copies. Still no confirmation e-mail from Quartet though. Oh well. Maybe I'll try to sell the other on Amazon or E-bay.

I'm sure it'll be snapped up by an FSM member if you post over in their trade forum. Particularly if you're only charging to cover your costs.

I was charged by SAE yesterday (I had ordered on Saturday morning), but as of last night had no tracking number for my order. I don't really have the money for this with the new iPhone coming next week and all, but I didn't want to miss out on it.

My copy shipped today from Movie Music, along with Studs Lonnigan! They were nice enough to send me Seven Years and Tibet separately, on Friday (the day I ordered it). That arrived yesterday!

My CD arrived from Spain today too, which is remarkably quick. I've played it through once so far and it's great! The main title montage is awesome and it's really nice to have it as heard in the film, complete with the abrupt cuts that are normally the scourge of soundtrack aficionados. Of the new stuff, I also really enjoyed the Clydie King rehearsal and hearing Williams himself congratulate the violinist at the end of the last track.

The liner notes are great, very well written and informative. The booklet is also very nice, with many high quality pics. Superb release.

Agreed, although I did spot one error - Earthquake was not an Irwin Allen movie. :znaika:

My CD arrived from Spain today too, which is remarkably quick.

WTF?

dont tell me quartet records is based on spain, and i just ordered it from the states...

If it is on madrid, i'll kill myself since i was there on release day...

Quartet Records is indeed based in Spain. We discussed it here in the thread, or maybe it was the FSM thread.

damn, and SAE will not replace my disc if it never arrives here (they wanted me to pay 7-14 $ plus to have that possibility)

crossfingers

Quartet Records is indeed based in Spain. We discussed it here in the thread, or maybe it was the FSM thread.

damn, and SAE will not replace my disc if it never arrives here (they wanted me to pay 7-14 $ plus to have that possibility)

crossfingers

Is that extra charge because of your roguish postal system or why? Fingers crossed you get it soon! :)

crossfingers

Next time, you should order from MovieMusic :)

crossfingers

yes, i ordered from them too.

I never pay the extra bucks, and until now I didn't have a problem ( I live in Greece)..

Let's hope this won't be the first time that I do have one!

crossfingers

Is that extra charge because of your roguish postal system or why? Fingers crossed you get it soon! :)

yes... or roguish people who want to get 2x1...

crossfingers

what are they shipping fees?

I think it tried once... and either they were prohibitive or did not ship overseas at the time...

i ordered several times with SAE, from Amazon, since it eluded the extra charge shipping fee- i think a year ago or so it was compulsory. and never had a problem.

crossfingers

what are they shipping fees?

I think it tried once... and either they were prohibitive or did not ship overseas at the time...

i ordered several times with SAE, from Amazon, since it eluded the extra charge shipping fee- i think a year ago or so it was compulsory. and never had a problem.

$6.99 per one item (for international shipping), if my memory serves.

No, they took your money and kept your CD. You should know by now that SAE sends the shipping confirmation e-mail days after they actually ship it. Typically on the day that you receive the package.

Go to Your Account and look at the order, it most likely has a tracking number.

I just received the shipping notice yesterday. Either my package will arrive soon as per usual for SAE or in about week's time. :)

Well the foreign parcels can't be tracked without a special fee then. The normal SAE international orders certainly can't be tracked.