The Imperial *Death* March...??

Sandor

Today, while looking up information about the original ESB LP, I found out that the piece which I've always known to be called simply 'The Imperial March' was originally titled 'The Imperial DEATH March'.

Now I wonder; I've been a die-hard Star Wars and John Williams fan for basically my whole life, how come I've never come across the title 'The Imperial Death March'..?

Was this common knowledge to all of you..?

It's like I'm stuck in some kind of weird Twilight Zone-kinda thing...

The Imperial Death March...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wherever you read that was wrong. I have the original LP, its just The Imperial March

Thank God..!

First I found this: http://www.discogs.com/London-Symphony-Orchestra-Star-Wars-The-Empire-Strikes-Back/release/1306165

Then I discovered that 'The Imperial Death March' is frequently used when refering to Vader's Theme.

Ok, I might have concluded too quickly that it was the 'original title' as I don't own the LP (sadly). I was sort of freaking out here.

Sure enough, Roald's link to information on RSO – RS-2-4201 does call it "The Imperial Death March (Darth Vader's Theme)."

However, a quick Google image search for "RSO – RS-2-4201" brings up Flickr:

2900445108_c1d01802ba_b.jpg

What sumptuous artwork.

What sumptuous artwork.

Yes. I bought the LP at a point when I didn't have a turntable just for that back cover.

Oh, and if you want a typo, Side 2 of Record 1 in my set has the label for "The Original Soundtrack from the Motion Picture Fame" instead of the correct one.