Howard Shore's An Unexpected Journey (Hobbit Part 1)

Jay

The original soundtrack for Howard Shore's score to The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey will be released on Monday December 10th by Decca (Internationally) / Tuesday December 11th by WaterTower Records (USA).

The STANDARD VERSION of The Hobbit OST (http://www.amctheatr...xpected-journey

Nov 7: A sample of Old Friends (Extended Version) (5:01) began streaming on The Hobbit's Official website

Nov 7: Samples of every track from the regular and Special Edition OST appeared on qobuz.com

Standard OST: http://thefilmfatale...y-the-hobbit-an

Nov 11: Amazon has begun streaming 30 second samples of every track

http://www.rollingst...emiere-20121112

Nov 13: Empire Online is streaming the entire OST (Standard Version)

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35757

Hey there will be EE editions of the movies. Can't release complete recordings before that. Shore can't write and record everything in advance you know!

They'll sell the new Hobbit scores just like they did with LotR, infinite number of useless releases and all. And we'll be the same suckers we were then and buy every one of them!

And the Amazon.ca says October 16th for me. You sure this is the real thing?

EDIT: Never mind, I just read the Hobbit thread.

Of course we buy the OST! That is obvious. And the complete recordings, and Doug Adams' book and the Rarities... :)

There's much more than that Incanus! The OST, The Limited Edition, The Extended Special Collector's Edition, The Anniversary Edition. THEN the Complete Recordings and the Rarities Archives!

Enjoy your wallets while they last gentlemen, because they'll be empty real soon :)

Quite right K.K. Quite right.

I am having a silent moment for my wallet in the near future as it will be empty as a tomb soon enough.

JASON! The name of the composer is Howard Shore, not John Williams. It's spelled H-o-w-a-r-d S-h-o-r-e.

Knowing Peter Jackson's ways it probably won't be done long after the CD is released. ;)

Karol

:lol:

Yes you have to deliver the film just in time.

With the original trilogy, he was contractually obliged to deliver final cuts under 3 hours for FOTR and TTT. So he had to cut stuff out simply for time. For ROTK he was given free reign and we ended up with a 3 hour, 20 min theatrical cut.

For The Hobbit who knows what his contract is, maybe he has no limitations and intends on just making 1 cut of each movie and not releasing any unused footage.

That would be something for a change, for the first time he has no limitations, and he makes the movie just three minutes over two hours.

Which could mean there will be a lot less highlights left off the OST. I assume it will be a 70+ minutes release, naturally.

I could imagine additional footage for film 1 being filmed in the shooting days next summer, when they shoot the stuff to fill those three movies.

I think the only thing they'll film next summer will be the major new scenes for Film 3, and the pickups they would have done anyway for Film 2 (plus maybe some new scenes they wrote for Film 2 as a result of the 3 film split)

Inside news: it seems Adele will sing the end credits song for the first film.

The song title is Rolling In The Deep Of The Misty Mountains.

Roll, roll, roll in Ze Deep

Roll, roll your Hobbits and Sheep

When life is awful

Just jump on a Smaug-full

And roll, roll in Ze Deep!

Oh but the OST is always full of alternates and cues arranged into suites or at least with LotR they were. Might be the same situation here but until we hear the OST we can't tell. So just to make sure, buy the OST like the rest of us suckers.

Remember, the OST will be a shortened listening experience, so if you don't want to listen to 3 (or 2) hours worth of material, you can just pop in the OST, plus some of the OST tracks will be alternates/unused/full mixes without instruments dialed out.

Ninja'd

Oh but the OST is always full of alternates and cues arranged into suites or at least with LotR they were. Might be the same situation here but until we hear the OST we can't tell. So just to make sure, buy the OST like the rest of us suckers.

they should be complete when you buy them is all i'm saying.

especially LOTR.

people who buys these do not buy them for one track.

LOTR fans are hardcore.

they should be complete when you buy them is all i'm saying.

especially LOTR.

people who buys these do not buy them for one track.

LOTR fans are hardcore.

Well then you would practically have to wait for 3 or more years for them to be released since the production of the Complete Recordings is not a small feat in itself. And you would still be missing material like with LotR when the OST, CR and Rarities still left small things unreleased. I'll give you that is for the most fanatic fans of the music though but e.g. the FotR OST is nearly full of alternate takes and thus features often quite different music than what is in the final film, so it is actually like getting a bonus disc of alternate music rather than having the same material twice if you own both the OST and the CR.

I won't buy the OST. Shore has enough of my money to buy himself four houses, fifty cars and an elephant.

P.S.: Inky, could you please stop using Williams on acid's quotes as your signature? Thank you.

I'll try to add a few more acidic ruminations from the Maestro just for you BloodBoal, since you asked for it so nicely. I'll dig deep into the JW lore for such nuggets of hippy wisdom. May the Music be with you, always!

He was joking

I don't think the score is even done being written/recorded yet

Indeed, I think they're starting to wrap up the recording sessions. Anyone remember when they started?