Perseverance Records re-issuing The Witches Of Eastwick OST (La-La Land Records can make expanded version once it sells out)

Jay

I found Robin's blurb rather pompous when it came to the idea of selling out, something along the lines of 'when this sells out, we're not making any more'.

I just thought... good! That means LLL will finally be able to do it properly.

Yes, it's Warner Brothers.

Warners Bro is pretty much open to LLL. WITCHES is bound to happen-it just may take some time. My biggest Williams wishlist item however is JFK. But that has big rights issue mess. Hope someone is able to clear that up. I'd love LLL to dig that out.

I don't think they would, to be honest. MV once said the old album contains most of the material and that it's not really in need for an expansion. Or something like that.

Karol

I don't think they would, to be honest. MV once said the old album contains most of the material and that it's not really in need for an expansion. Or something like that.

Karol

I hope you are misremembering. ;)

This is what MV said about JFK:

JFK is pretty much complete. It was an odd score to record being that it wasn't scored to picture. It may happen some day, but I honestly do not know how to approach it.

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=100524&forumID=1&archive=0

Also I am unaware of any rights issues on that what, dunno where that idea came from.

I just watched JFK last week and there is not a whole lot of music not on the original album in those suites JW composed. It is also a bit unclear what did Tomandandy compose for the film as they are credited for additional music. The most notable still unreleased material includes a couple of new subtle variations of the JFK theme from the opening section of the movie, a new rendition of the "assassination motif" from the Motorcade used in some scenes, a piano rendition of the Garrison Family Theme and some alternate sections from various themes here and there but a lot of the score is comprised of manipulated and edited versions of the thematic suites JW composed prior to seeing the film. As per usual the film is also chock-full of diegetic music in the forms of selections from popular songs and classical music.

I'd really rather see The Witches of Eastwick expanded.

• 2 years later...

Robin on the FSM board:

Two of Our Best Selling WEA Titles are Back in Stock
Don't worry, we still stand by our promise that these titles will see a pressing of only 3000 units. So far we are at 2000 (once this new batch sells out).
First off is John Williams' Aademy Award nominated score to "The Witches of Eastwick". Secondly, the highly successful soundtrack to the scariest movie of all time, William Friedkin's "The Exorcist".
Dig in. And, while you're at it, browse through or used/ open/ one-of-a-kind/ promo catalog listings.

40 minutes ago, phbart said:

Meaning: no expansion in this lifetime. They will never sell another 1000 copies!

Maybe not, but Perseverance’s license can’t last forever, can it?

15 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Christ I thought this label went belly up in secret. This is their first update in over a year. 

One might say they.. persevered ;)

Even the OST gets repetitive. The complete score has some nice moments, but it's overkill. Just stick with the album and edit it down.

1 hour ago, phbart said:

You can't call the current year "one for the books" if you don't have an expanded Eastwick ready to release.

Depends on what books you are talking about of course. ;) 

Fuck Perseverance! I was really optimistic regarding that one!

An appeal to everyone reading this, who hasn't got the OST of The Witches of Eastwick! Buy the shit out of it! Not second hand!

17 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Which version was that - the faulty earlier rerelease, or the original Warner release?

I only own the Perseverance CD reissue, it's perfect!

p_125607.jpg

The Witches Of Eastwick [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]) (1987, Warner Bros. Records, 1-25607)

The Township of Eastwick; The Dance of the Witches; Maleficio; The Seduction of Alex; Daryl's Secrets; The Seduction of Suki and the Ballroom Scene; Daryl Arrives; The Tennis Game; Have Another Cherry!; Daryl Rejected; The Ride Home; The Destruction of Daryl; The Children's Carousel; End Credits (The Dance of the Witches Reprise).

p_256072.jpg

(Released in 1987, Warner Bros. Records, 25607 2)

p_ccm6852.jpg

(Reissued in 2006, Collectors' Choice Music, CCM-685-2/CCM-685)

p_prd050.jpg

(Reissued in 2012, Perseverance Records, PRD 050)

p_WE2015.jpg

(Reissued for digital download in 2015, Rhino/Warner Bros.)

OMG...he assures people he won't go past 3000 licensed copies, but then reveals that even with the new pressing (which hasn't sold out yet), they're only at 2000 units?? I'm with those who think this will NEVER sell out now. 😠 And we will probably never get a complete LLL edition just because WB didn't check back with them before giving the license to Perseverance.

Yavar

3 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

OMG...he assures people he won't go past 3000 licensed copies, but then reveals that even with the new pressing (which hasn't sold out yet), they're only at 2000 units??😠

Yavar

Yeah, its a little unclear if it means they are at 2000 copies left or 2000 copies pressed and/or sold, though it seems to me to be the former.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

How does it compare with (sssssh!) the boot

Witches of Eastwick never had a true boot, in the sense that there never was a recording sessions leak or anything. The DVD contains an isolated score track, which any fan could have created a "boot" from, but that's it.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

(am I allowed to say that?)?

There has never been a time when discussing bootlegs was not allowed here.

3 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

There was, years ago. Dark times.

I'm surprised Jay has forgotten, I thought he remembered everything! 

There was also a time when cuss words were not permitted! 

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Witches of Eastwick never had a true boot, in the sense that there never was a recording sessions leak or anything. The DVD contains an isolated score track, which any fan could have created a "boot" from, but that's it.

I've had a pressed CD with printed covers for many many years now. Even has an HDCD logo. It is a bootleg. 

I don't know where you got the idea from that WOE never had a bootleg?

Jay: "Sigh, I never said that WOE never had a bootleg, but that there was never a TRUE boot, meaning a bootleg that WASN'T just an edit of the Isolated score, thats all, I don't know why you felt the need to call me out on this."

41 minutes ago, Falafel said:

Jay: "Sigh, I never said that WOE never had a bootleg, but that there was never a TRUE boot, meaning a bootleg that WASN'T just an edit of the Isolated score, thats all, I don't know why you felt the need to call me out on this."

Very accurate answer, but I would then say that the term "true boot" doesn't really excist.