Perseverance Records re-issuing The Witches Of Eastwick OST (La-La Land Records can make expanded version once it sells out)

Jay

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Worse, for whatever dumb reason on my CD, when I try to rip the final track of the Concord, it fucks up and glitches.

Holly shit!  I get that exact same problem- in the form of loud "record scratch" noises.  Same thing with the final tracks of The Lost Works OST and the final tracks of KOTCS.  

Don't think I've got the same issue with my KOTCS CD but my TLW OST CD is scratched all over the place and I doubt it would rip cleanly at all if I tried. Thankfully LLL solved that problem!

But yeah, the final track of Raiders Concord is just impossible to rip. Some weird copyright protection or something. Just another stupid fuck-up in a long line of fuck-ups from a clueless record label who should've given up the rights to those scores years ago to a competent company like LLL.

20 minutes ago, crumbs said:

But yeah, the final track of Raiders Concord is just impossible to rip. Some weird copyright protection or something. Just another stupid fuck-up in a long line of fuck-ups from a clueless record label who should've given up the rights to those scores years ago to a competent company like LLL.

It is not really a matter of the company, when you have MM. If the labels would hand him around like hippies do with a joint or desperados with a slut, every release would be perfect - always.

5 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

It is not really a matter of the company, when you have MM. If the labels would hand him around like hippies do with a joint or desperados with a slut, every release would be perfect - always.

C'mon, the guy doesn't even know when The Cowboys overture was first released on album.

1 hour ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Holly shit!  I get that exact same problem- in the form of loud "record scratch" noises.  Same thing with the final tracks of The Lost Works OST and the final tracks of KOTCS.  

Are you ripping in FLAC? if so, you might try ripping to WAV, that helped when I was ripping King of Kings.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:15 AM, King Mark said:

What would be the JW " true bootlegs" then ?

Sugarland Express, Black Sunday, Family Plot, Born of the Fourth of July, Last Crusade, Hook, Far and Away, and probably a few others I'm forgetting all had recording session leaks that first went around as bootleg CDs.

1941 and Witches of Eastwick were just fan edits of their DVD iso scores sold as bootlegs.

Jane Eyre and Space Camp were just hard to find / OOP CDs paired with rerecording sold as bootlegs.

19 hours ago, crumbs said:

And Matessino needs to fix all the sloppy, lazy issues with that expansion. No sweetener in the Indy's First Adventure being an obvious example.

Before we get complete Indy scores, I'm sure Disney will hire Shawn Murphy and his team of incompetent interns to "refurbish" the OSTs.

48 minutes ago, Richard said:

THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE, and CE3K both had boots.

I'm unaware of a Poseidon Adventure bootleg.  Got any more info?  I assume it pre-dated the 1997 FSM CD?

The CE3K boot is an interesting one, as its not a recording sessions leak but it DOES contain material that wasn't on the 1998 expanded CD that came out just prior to it....

45 minutes ago, Corellian2019 said:

Raiders of the Lost Ark and Schindler's List had bootlegs, too

Raiders was only traded as mailed CDRs or mp3 files, I'm not aware of a pressed boot?

Same for Schindler, the 4CD recording session leak was just traded flac files, not a pressed CD that I'm aware of.

28 minutes ago, Pellaeon said:

Are you referring to the 2008 Concord pre-release leaked version of Raiders?

That leaked on demonoid.com as a torrent, there was no pressed CD.

1 hour ago, Pellaeon said:

Are you referring to the 2008 Concord pre-release leaked version of Raiders?

No, I was referring to the boot with inferior sound.

42 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm unaware of a Poseidon Adventure bootleg.  Got any more info?  I assume it pre-dated the 1997 FSM CD?

http://www.jw-collection.de/scores/poseidon_boot.htm

18 minutes ago, Corellian2019 said:

I was too. That was just traded CDRs / mp3s, never a pressed boot right?

18 minutes ago, Corellian2019 said:

Cool, didn't know about that one. Thanks!

You have it backwards, he CREATED the Raiders boot, after he RECEIVED a CDR with the unreleased Raiders and Last Crusade cues on it.  The Last Crusade cues had a couple more than the Vol 2 pressed boot, from what I recall, and the Raiders selection was JUST what wasn't on the DCC.  Anyways, the Raiders "boot" he made (by combining the DCC with the unreleased cues from the boot) was, of course, just a fan edit mailed out on CDRs, not a pressed boot.

17 hours ago, Jay said:

Sugarland Express, Black Sunday, Family Plot, Born of the Fourth of July, Last Crusade, Hook, Far and Away, and probably a few others I'm forgetting all had recording session leaks that first went around as bootleg CDs.

I know you're referring to films, but don't forget Amazing Stories: The Mission that was also included on the Last Crusade bootleg.

16 hours ago, Jay said:

I'm unaware of a Poseidon Adventure bootleg.  Got any more info?  I assume it pre-dated the 1997 FSM?

15 hours ago, Corellian2019 said:

http://www.jw-collection.de/scores/poseidon_boot.htm

That's the fella!

It's not very good. I bought mine ahem (cough) I mean, I listened to it in 1996. It's not brilliant, but, pre-FSM, its all we had.

1 hour ago, thx99 said:

I know you're referring to films, but don't forget Amazing Stories: The Mission that was also included on the Last Crusade bootleg.

Wait, you mean that isn't officially released in any capacity?

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

Wait, you mean that isn't officially released in any capacity?

No, Intrada released "The Mission" on Anthology 3 of its 3-volume Amazing Stories releases.  I was merely pointing out that it was also included on the Last Crusade bootleg.

.f?h=b5df73632552f3c3ce5c

31 minutes ago, thx99 said:

A pressed bootleg of Heartbeeps saw the light of day as well.  And I had it on cassette prior to that.

Hide contents

R-9902993-1488237031-6008.jpeg.jpg

heartexp_back.jpg

Don't forget the early 90's bootleg containing selections from Williams' unused The Color Purple score. Full of tape hiss 

On 8/18/2018 at 8:18 AM, crumbs said:

a clueless record label

Concord is a good label,  don't be dissin' it just 'cause you didn't get a 5 second stinger crammed in a disc so you can say it's complete! 

John Williams produces an album: "I really want to create a satisfying listening experience by having music play in an order outside of the film, combining tracks where I think it's appropriate."

Soundtrack fans: "FUCK YOU! Just write your music and hand it off to someone who knows how produce an album we WANT!"

Mike Mattesino produces Close Encounters of the Kind:  "Hey guys, we're gonna do something a little different here...usually, we like to produce albums where the music plays in the order of the film, and we include every cue we can find...But here, we're going to try creating a satisfying listening experience by having the music play in an order outside the film, and not worry about including every cue in the main program for the sake of completeness."

Soundtrack fans: "Wow, how interesting! That's such a novel approach, I'm very excited to hear how it will turn out! Thank you Mike Mattesino! Please have my babies!"

Their Indy releases are horrible, though and scream "halfassed". The box would have been OK for the 90s as a sort of companion to the SW Anthology, maybe.

The problem with your example is that CE3K DOES include every cue separately across the two discs so you can still do a C&C.