Disney buys Lucasfilm and all subsidiaries for $4.05billion, will release Star Wars Episode VII in 2015

Matt C

According to an update in the article, Snyder's rep has denied it all...

I didn't believe it for a second. Lucasfilm? A new Star Wars film? Competing with Disney?

Don't forget, Lucas is going back to his "experimental roots". I can't wait for THX-1138-2. ;)

Script THX-1138-2:

We see THX-1188 walking through a desolate landscape. The sun is too bright and burns the sand underneath THX's feet. Suddenly a sandcrawler appears at the horizon ... Damnit ... I lost my experimental writing skills ...

According to an update in the article, Snyder's rep has denied it all...

Hollywood reps have a reputation of being liars. Whenever a potential bit of news or rumor leaks, the reps for actors/directors/producers/studios routinely deny it whether it's true or not.

Drew Struzan reveals that he has been approached by Disney about doing the poster artwork for Episode VII.

http://blog.fanhattan.com/2013/01/21/being-human-sam-witwer-drew-struzan-star-wars-poster-disney/

Not exactly a firm 'yes' or 'no', but nice to see Disney is going the extra mile to win fans over...

Drew Struzan reveals that he has been approached by Disney about doing the poster artwork for Episode VII.

http://blog.fanhatta...-poster-disney/

Not exactly a firm 'yes' or 'no', but nice to see Disney is going the extra mile to win fans over...

I usually like Struzan's texture more than his layout, but I'd love to see him return.

Great, more posters that look exactly the same. I miss that the original three all had different and unique posters.

I don't blame Struzan for the boring layouts he had in the last few Indy and SW posters. It's well documented that he found the experience of doing those posters a nightmare due to constant producer intereference. And then having them doctored in Photoshop afterwards didn't help his mood.

• 11 months later...

You'd figure with Disney getting production underway this spring, that they'd confirm the original actors (Hamill, Ford, Fisher) at least. Is it that hard for Abrams and Kennedy to find new lead actors to join them?

Speaking of which, Fisher is looking better these days:

CarrieFisher_Shatner.jpg

It'll probably be 4-6 weeks before filming starts before we hear anything about casting and they'll probably do it all at once.

Disappointed about the Dark Horse news but it was always going to happen. I hope Marvel appoint a Star Wars team to work on the comics to keep things going forward. My biggest worry is that they'll just focus on Rebels, the OT and the new films. Which would be a bit dull. The big Star Wars series from recent years have been:

Dawn of the Jedi - tens of thousands of years before the films.

Knights of the Old Republic - Same time as the video games but featuring a new main character.

Republic/Dark Times - The Clone Wars and the years following Revenge of the Sith when Vader is hunting down the last of the Jedi.

Legacy - about 130 years after Episode 4.

They were fresh and interesting. The last thing I want is more stuff like Brian Wood's Star Wars series (Star Wood) which is boring (most of it seems to be retelling of earlier EU stories) and at times I have to ask myself if he's even seen the films!