What is that stirring music used in NBC Sports?

Greggeth

i heard a very stirring and moving piece of music used on NBC Sports over the week-end - pertaining to the Winter Olympics. it was also used during the Winter Olympics, but is NOT on the John Williams album.

It is slow, and very Hymn-like, very "big" with full orchestra.

Does anyone have any idea what this is?? or how i could find it?

thanks people....

:)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched a lot of the Winter Olympics but I'm not sure what you mean. They used a lot of stuff in there. At this point I'm not sure what you mean.

Justin -Trying to help out but not being very helpful. :)

i could hum a few bars.... or play it on the piano.... but that wouldn't help anyone here...

: )

You're just not trying hard enough, get a microphone, plug it on, umm and a record a wave file and put it on ya web space! mate!

Could it be Randy Edelman´s theme that used to be played for the NFL on NBC? I think they used it now for everything else, except basketball.

Speaking of basketball WIN KINGS!!!!.

Hector - who´ll be seeing a lot of cowbells in SoCal :)

And also the Nets!!!

Hector - who might enjoy the last time, at least in a long time, John Tesh´s "NBA on NBC" theme being played. :)

Hector - who liked John Tesh´s theme for Bobby´s World¨ ;)

It may have been Alan Silvestri's Forrest Gump. I know that was played at least at the Opening Ceremonies. And it fits the description, it's slow, very stirring, and somewhat like a hymn, with a full orchestra. I hope this helps!

Ray Barnsbury

It does, but I do not remember it. Randy Edelman wrote yet another theme for NBC Sports, specifically, I think, for the Centennial Olympic Games in Atlanta 1996. I didn't like it though. But you can hear his other theme quite often on NBC Sports.