The Amazing Spider-man 2 (2014 Film)

Jay

Oi, what a cluster. This movie looks like it's just crammed with too much stuff. Why put Rhino, Electro, Green Goblin, and the continuation of the "Peter's parents" storyline into ONE film? They could have picked any TWO of those ideas and ended up with a decent film I am sure. This is Spider-man 3 all over again.

Spider-Man 3 really wasn't that bad, and even it's biggest detractor can't say this looks better.

So basically what we can walk away knowing from is this:

A- Harry Osborn becomes the Green Goblin before Norman..fail.
B- The Cgi looks awful, let's hope they fix it before the movie.
C- No
D- Oh God No
E- Why
F- So now I know what it feels like to be like one of the Star Wars fans who hate the prequels
G- NO
OIEWVEOIVLHNBG NO.

Oi, what a cluster. This movie looks like it's just crammed with too much stuff. Why put Rhino, Electro, Green Goblin, and the continuation of the "Peter's parents" storyline into ONE film? They could have picked any TWO of those ideas and ended up with a decent film I am sure. This is Spider-man 3 all over again.

There's also rumor of Shocker being in it too

The action scenes in this trailer look like a video game, and something that's supposed to be a "real" fllm. At least the cast is good.

Not just Spider-Man 3 in terms of too many villains and subplots, but elements of Spider-Man 2 (some of the fights and web-slinging antics). It doesn't look bad... even marginally better than the first, but I'm not holding my breath.

From the trailer, the movie looks too much like a video game and probably won't be one I'll be very keen on watching.

http://www.theamazingspiderman.com/site/#characters/max-dillon

Supposedly what you're hearing in the background is part of Zimmer's score and is his main theme for the film.

If that's true, that's the most "heroic" sounding melody from the man I've heard in a long time (although the dubstup stuff that follows after might not neccessarily be to my tastes). Perhaps Zimmer really is taking a very different direction from his usual D minor stuff.

Funny enough, that trumpet melody isn't all that different from the tone of what Horner wrote, which makes one wonder why he got replaced in the first place.

That electronic crap under the trumpet sounds somewhat like some of the stuff on Rush. The trumpet line would actually have sounded better for Man of Steel. Most of it sounds like generic trailer music though. Not that I'm expecting much from this score anyway.

Pity because I quite liked Horner's.

If that's really the music from the film that KK posted to...count me out.

Regarding the trailer, it does look good although I'm still not too keen on Electro's looks. I hope that this film doesn't turn into a big blunder like Raimi's Spider-Man 3 because there's more than one villain. I do like that we got hints of Vulture and Doc Ock hinted for most likely the two villains for Spider-Man 3.

I did. I can't hear anything that's not in any other trailer these days...

Karol

Hehe, well the music on that website might be from Zimmer's score.

Sure, it's generic. But I haven't heard anything that in that "heroic vein" (on a trumpet solo too) from Zimmer in a while.

Karol

Sure, it's generic. But I haven't heard anything that in that "heroic vein" (on a trumpet solo too) from Zimmer in a while.

If that's Zimmer's theme for the film, it's actually a big step up from his Batman and Superman scores. I don't think Zimmer has started the orchestral recording sessions yet, because it's obviously a synth mock-up now.

Karol

If that's Zimmer's theme for the film, it's actually a big step up from his Batman and Superman scores. I don't think Zimmer has started the orchestral recording sessions yet, because it's obviously a synth mock-up now.

Well his final products never really sounds all that different from the mockups these days anyway.

I liked the trailer enough. I agree that some of the action in the daylight looks a little cartoony, but it looks like it can be effective. As long as the story, characters, and acting are good you can believe just about anything. In a way I'm sorta sad they're trying to build up to the Sinister Six in such a short amount of time. I wouldn't have minded this spread out over 4 or 5 films. I think the scope of the storytelling and villainy was upped a bit too high, too quickly.

You have to look at it like this: Disney and Marvel tapped into a new market of filmmaking - the shared universe. They made billions off of that set up and planning. So now WB with DC and Sony with Spider-Man are rushing to get a slice of the cake. They don't have time to make a bunch of set-up movies.

I don't like how Oscorp is so involved with everything. So they create Vulture and Doc Ock?

I didn't read the comics extensively (besides the volumes of the old 1950s stuff) , but is there really this much emphasis on Peter's dad's mysterious past in the comics?

Karol

I was pretty sure it was a mockup too, but Hybrid Soldier over at FSM claims it's the real deal-- with Arturo Sandoval on trumpet and Marr on guitar.

I'll just add my own thoughts:

-I knew they'd go into the backstory of Peter's father in this film: it's why they cut it from the first film. So I'm not surprised. I'm also not that surprised that Oscorp is responsible for many of the villains: the tie-in game to the last film kept to that theme, and they apparently knew the direction of the films. In all honesty, they're just taking a shortcut: it's a quick-fire way to build up the Sinister Six without having to introduce any more behind-the-scenes bad guys. Oscorp is essentially the combined version of Oscorp of the comics and Trask Industries of the Ultimate universe.

-I could spot two, maybe three future villain references: who could fail to see the Vulture's wings and Ock's harness? The swirling black mass in a stasis tube caught my eye too. Could it be the Black Suit? In any case, I think it's clear they're trying to set up the Sinister Six.

-Three villains: Okay, I'm apprehensive about this. Spider-Man 3 made the mistake of doing this, but at the same time from what I hear while the plan was either to have two or three villains there in the first place (I have heard conflicting stories on this - one says that Vulture was to be villain 3 at one point). The reason I think it failed was because they wanted the Black Suit and Venom in the film. In this instance, I'm hoping they were thinking three from the start. It CAN work. Let's just hope they do it right. Again, into the Sinister Six point, if that's what they're aiming for then they need to get it right: if they fail with three villains they have no business doing six in one go.

-While we're on the subject of villains, it seems they're going for a mix of original and Ultimate versions for the characters: Rhino being a Russian thug but using a robotic suit, Electro doesn't really need an explanation, and Green Goblin wearing a suit and flying a glider, but having appearance-changing mutations thanks to a drug.

-Harry Osborn as the Green Goblin. They missed an opportunity to use Norman properly here: they were supposed to be finding a cure for him, so it would have been great if they'd done it so that the drug/serum was used by him, heals him but then does the whole Goblin thing. I guess we saw that with the Lizard in TASM though, so I think maybe that could be why they went for Harry. Perhaps he'll be killed off and Norman takes his place in the next film.

-To me, Zimmer hasn't done many decent scores since the 90s, so until he proves otherwise, I'm going to doubt him.

I liked the trailer enough. I agree that some of the action in the daylight looks a little cartoony, but it looks like it can be effective. As long as the story, characters, and acting are good you can believe just about anything. In a way I'm sorta sad they're trying to build up to the Sinister Six in such a short amount of time. I wouldn't have minded this spread out over 4 or 5 films. I think the scope of the storytelling and villainy was upped a bit too high, too quickly.

If they hadn't retold the origin, but instead was a loose sequel of the Raimi trilogy, the Sinister Six wouldn't feel as rushed at this point. I know Sony felt Spider-man 3 hadn't given 'em an option, but still. I agree if you're going to start over from scratch then I'd rather the build up of the Sinister Six spread a few films, but Sony felt the need to keep up with the MCU films instead.

Karol

I was pretty sure it was a mockup too, but Hybrid Soldier over at FSM claims it's the real deal-- with Arturo Sandoval on trumpet and Marr on guitar.

Just listened to this for the first time. Holy crap, ring the bells, proclaim a holiday, Zimmer uses a trumpet for a superhero!

Too bad it sounds like the ensemble patch from a 10 year old mediocre sample library. Honestly, if this is a real human being playing the trumpet, how the hell did they manage to move it even beyond the aural atrocity level of Vangelis' synths?

Sounds like he's mimicking Horner's style from part one. I don't get it. If you do that, why didn't you keep the better Horner in the first place, meaning Horner?

Yeah, I think it's summer 2018....don't quote me on that, but I remember reading an article saying they already put dates down for TASM 4/5

EDIT: They set release dates on TASM 3/4. I was right about the date though:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46131

Saw the trailer last night on the big screen, in 3D. That ending shot looked even more like a video game than when watching online.

Wake me up when they start shooting the things. Because Sony tried to get Venom off the ground with Gary Ross, and that went kaput. Getting Drew Goddard to write and direct a comic-book movie sounds very promising, though.

Not thrilled he's doing it with Sony, though.

Wake me up when they start shooting the things. Because Sony tried to get Venom off the ground with Gary Ross, and that went kaput. Getting Drew Goddard to write and direct a comic-book movie sounds very promising, though.

Not thrilled he's doing it with Sony, though.

They tried to get it off the ground during the Raimi era, so no wonder it failed.

I'm hoping they do it right, and that means not having Venom go straight to Flash. Don't get me wrong, I've actually grown to like 'Agent Venom' but I'd rather they not cut out a huge chunk of Venom's history first.

Flash Thompson is now Venom. I think Eddie committed suicide from his sins and having cancer, but I could be wrong. Idk, I haven't bothered with Symbiotes since 06', which is when I started to hate them.