The Amazing Spider-man 2 (2014 Film)

Jay

Looking down at a list of things they've done and I think they're in the same bracket as Damon Lindelof. Keep all three of them away from films please.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

If Sony hadn't given up and decided to fold Spidey into the MCU, Amazing Spider-man 3 would have seen Garfield's Spidey bring Gwen Stacey and her dad back to life

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/11/amazing-spider-man-3-spidey-wouldve-brought-people-back-from-the/

Wow, just wow.

Now Horner's score for the first film, that was a good score. Pity Webb didn't bring him back. I'd like to have heard some of that material developed in the sequel. Oh well, I'm sure we'll get treated to whatever Tyler Bates, or Bryan Tyler, or whoever is RCP composer of the moment for the next movie.

I will admit that I personally like Horner's score more. I also read some comments on FSM that Horner chose not to score the sequel because he didn't like the direction(s) they were taking the story.

Also, what if they brought Elfman back for Spider-Man? He did just fix up Ultron after all.

I wouldn't mind seeing Elfman back. It'd certainly be interesting to see how he'd do a second stab with the webhead.

I will admit that I personally like Horner's score more. I also read some comments on FSM that Horner chose not to score the sequel because he didn't like the direction(s) they were taking the story.

Someone on here posted an interview with Horner from BAFTA where he addressed rumors that he hated TASM 2 and he claimed that wasn't the case. The way he told it, he and Webb got along well but he had issues with the producers who were apparently pushing him to write a more action-packed superhero score when he was originally trying to emphasize the Gwen/Peter material more, knowing where that relationship was going in the sequel. So who knows, but he said he wasn't even asked back for 2, although he then added he probably wouldn't have done it anyway. :rolleyes:

Someone on here posted an interview with Horner from BAFTA where he addressed rumors that he hated TASM 2 and he claimed that wasn't the case.

Which is a flat-out lie. He told the french fanzine dedicated to him in an interview about PAS DE DEUX exactly that: 'Then they did the sequel which was atrocious'. The later interview must be some kind of damage control.

They had to hire Elfman to "fix" The Avengers right?

According to those involved, wasn't Elfman hired just because Tyler couldn't finish the score in time?

Hmmm... We'll have to wait and see if he works on a Phase 3 score or not to know if he has fallen from grace.

No it's because he wrote Furious 7 at the same time. Marvel demands that you give their films all your attention!