The Daily Show vs. The Colbert Report

indy4

Daily Show vs Colbert Report  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Daily Show vs Colbert Report

• The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
    • The Colbert Report

I vote for Daily Show. Both are funny, but Colbert gets old after a while, and his show relies too much on puns. Daily Show addresses the issues better I think, and the fact that he doesn't need to be playing one character allows him to play a variety of characters, but still wrap things up as Jon Stewart in a very honest, three-dimensional way. Also his interviews are way better, in that he's not interrupting the interviewee every five seconds to tell a joke. I think his interviews are in many ways better than the main stream news interviews, but that's another discussion.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both

They complement each other well.

Colbert is able to go more far out, but it's harder for him to be serious and tell viewers how he really feels without dropping his persona.

Did you see him interview Peter Jackson? He completely dropped the act when he started explaining Tolkien history to Peter.

Real Time With Bill Maher

I wouldn't give that fuckwad the satisfaction of viewing his crap.

I actually like both Colbert and Stewart, each is unique.

Colbert I feel is able to present stuff in a much more entertaining way than Stewart at this point. Plus, Stewart has the advantages of being surrounded by funny comedians to help the story while Colbert is doing it pretty much exclusively by himself. I enjoy Stewart, but he can get far too preachy at times that can be grating. I feel Colbert does a better job at interviewing guests, especially since most of his are authors and politicians.