Strings in RotJ

wanner251

I just want to say that I wish there was a better recording of the score to RotJ specifically so that I could hear in much higher fidelity the amazing strings that accompany Emperor Palpatine zapping the hell out of Luke Skywalker.

It's a shame that the recording is so bad. :-(

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. It's RSO. Why? I just bought it in a mood of completive-ness (what's the word again?). I'm used to the original CD and the 'what's his name' version.

How does the LP compare to the cd re-issues? What country was your LP manufactured in?

The cleanest sounding cd for ROTJ, is definitely the anthology.

Nope, it's the original CD from Polydor or RSO. Anthology doesn't sound as good.

Geez, E.T., are you saying that you have the original "ROTJ" CD from 1983?

I have the Japanese "TOD" CD, and I used to have the double CD of "Star Wars", but I traded it in for The Anthology.

You should actually own all of them. For instance, it's handy to have the TOD album, which I've owned since the Star Wars fan club (does that even exist anymore?) sold them around 2000. We've got more music now and that old CD may be considered obsolete, but the mix on that album is better than the box set. The Star Wars album on CD is essential for the original album presentation. The Anthology tweaked the album tracks. There are all kinds of weird edits and shit on the album that make it unique and sort of more raw.

The original Jedi CD is the greatest sounding release of music from that score ever.