Star Trek & Into Darkness & Beyond - Live to Projection

TownerFan

I can't say I have much of an opinion on the score. I saw the film once and have never listened to the score outside of that.

One of my friends in college had the OST and would play it from time to time, so I've likely heard it in the background of my life, but I personally have never sat down and chosen to listen to it myself. I couldn't even hum a thing from it right now at all

One of my friends in college had the OST and would play it from time to time, so I've likely heard it in the background of my life, but I personally have never sat down and chosen to listen to it myself. I couldn't even hum a thing from it right now at all

Humm the POTC theme and you're there.

I think it's great other films are getting the live to projection treatment.

No matter how bland and boring Gladiator was, both film and score.

All right, looks like I'm attending Into Darkness performance.

Didn't book the first one, because the only seats available have restricted view. If something should turn up I might book that as well.

Karol

I'm sure you could get some reasonably priced plane tickets and hotels. Especially this far in advance.

For me it's just a 90 minute train journey, so not an issue.

Karol

Yeah, but the train fare for all of us to Liverpool, so we can drop in at Lee will add to the price!

To be quite frank, I'd like to meet the old Scouser. ;)

Karol

From what I remember his accent is quite thick (at least according to the man himself) so we probably won't be able to tell. ;)

Karol

There's a LOT to do in London that doesn't involve attending a Giacchino concert...

There are additional two performances of both films on Saturday the 31st, if anybody is interested

Star Trek at 2:30 PM

Star Trek Into Darkness at 7:30 PM

I'm attending the Friday's performances of Into Darkness and Saturday afternoom one for Star Trek.

Karol

Oh, wow!!!

I don't understand why all these concerts (Gladiator, and both ST09 and STID concerts) weren't announced at the same time

• 8 months later...

For anyone in or around the Philadelphia area, the Philadelphia Orchestra is going to play the score to Star Trek Into Darkness along with the movie during their summer stint at the Mann Music Center.

http://www.manncenter.org/events/2014-07-31/star-trek-darkness-philadelphia-orchestra

Sadly no, we will not be vacationing to England this year, and therefore not attending the concerts :(

Between Marcy injuring her foot on a mountain hike, us getting engaged, and beginning to look at wedding venues and shop for houses, it just doesn't make sense to do a 2 week vacation now that would drain our savings and delay both the house purchase and wedding, but also with her possibly needing surgery or at least PT, it wouldn't be a very enjoyable vacation for her if she can't be on her feet all day.

So I'll have to sell the tickets I bought to both concerts somehow (I don't think I can return them to the theater for a full refund), and hopefully we can go to Europe in 2015 for our honeymoon.

She had her whole foot MRI'd last Tuesday and we get the results this Thursday. Hoping for good news.

The good news is, she's on board with us going to Philly in July for the STID concert there!

Who else from here is going to that?