Sign in to follow this  
Cantus Venti

Greetings, Fellow Fans

Hello and how is it? Slightly new here so I figured I'd make an introduction, and looking forward to making friends since we have something special in common, rather, a blessed taste, so hopefully you can get to know me. Let me know if you have any forum advice, as I've been told I can come across less pleasant online :P. I'll try to be more open-minded if I can remember, because I'd much rather learn and listen and this looks to be an alright place to do it.

I once considered myself a beginning film composer and often wrote adventure music, but I dismissed the job for inability to concentrate, ie. patiently concentrating my ideas together. So I'm now just a (slightly) normal person, the head-in-clouds type, and critic.

So, something to say about myself... can't be too hard. How about music? John Williams is my favorite musician. Sometimes I lose interest and find other musical obsessions, but it's hard to say he's not my absolute favorite as I find his music too captivating. I'm a big fan of Borodin, Rimsky-Korsakov and Tchaikovsky for their rich orientalism, which for some reason speaks straight to my heart and my imagination even though I'm not oriental. I also love composers such as Dvorak, Saint-Saens, Holst, Rachmaninoff, Mussorgsky, Grieg, and many others within the more lyrical and thematic genre, esp that which evokes magic or great spirit in nature like Polovstian Dances or Dvorak 7-1. I'm also a long lover of some video game music like Kondo's. I'm into jazz, especially when it speaks to me through classical music ie. harmonic implimentation, otherwise it can be a bit undeveloped and not fantasy enough for me. I'm mostly a fan of good melodies, and when orchestration and sense of harmony can really enhance them it's a wonderful thing, so I try to look at the actual enhancing act, not just what I call the "background orchestration." In composition I need help focusing on both at the same time, because it's too easy just to focus on harmony, so feel free to share with me if you have any advice there ;)

I'd add more if I could think of anything, but I'd rather get to know you. Maybe I should have put my username something better, but that's all I could think of. So I'm Cantus Venti, for now... thanks for reading!

John Williams is my favorite musician. Sometimes I lose interest and find other musical obsessions, but it's hard to say he's not my absolute favorite as I find his music too captivating. I'm a big fan of Borodin, Rimsky-Korsakov and Tchaikovsky for their rich orientalism, which for some reason speaks straight to my heart and my imagination even though I'm not oriental. I also love composers such as Dvorak, Saint-Saens, Holst, Rachmaninoff, Mussorgsky, Grieg, and many others within the more lyrical and thematic genre, esp that which evokes magic or great spirit in nature like Polovstian Dances or Dvorak 7-1. I'm also a long lover of some video game music like Kondo's. I'm into jazz, especially when it speaks to me through classical music ie. harmonic implimentation, otherwise it can be a bit undeveloped and not fantasy enough for me.

We seem to share similar tastes.

Even though you don't like Conan the Barbarian... :nono: