Is Close Encounters Of The Third Kind the greatest John Williams score of all time..?

Sandor

He could write beautiful and very optimistic, heartsoaring music. If you haven't Lee, check out his The Three Musketeers score. The film is rubbish, but the score is wonderful.

No one did, or does this kinda thing better then Kamen did!

His orchestrations in Prince of Thieves had a distinctly British flavour to them,

Marian will then come in and tell you that 12 orchestrators worked on Prince Of Thieves. (also a rubbish movie, but a wonderfully delightful one!)

His orchestrations in Prince of Thieves had a distinctly British flavour to them,

Marian will then come in and tell you that 12 orchestrators worked on Prince Of Thieves. (also a rubbish movie, but a wonderfully delightful one!)

Okay well then just swap "his" with "the".

Seems things are running fine without me replying anyway, but still...: ;)

Was it only 12? I've never been fond of the orchestrations in that one. I'll revisit it whenever it gets an expanded release, I found it flawed but still fun. In general, what I've heard (not that much, in the end) of Kamen's scores rarely really got my interest. Though I've always been rather fond of his collaborations with Pink Floyd & Co.

Marian don't read threads anymore. He just pretends to. Remember when you wished him a happy birthday in The Birthday Thread? No even a 'Thank you'...

D'oh, I saw that, actually. Just a sec.

Robin Hood was GREAT rubbish. I got to see it on opening night at the Continental theater (yes, that's the same one where I'd watched Empire Strikes Back years earlier), which also happened to be the evening before the Renaissance Festival opened a few miles south of Denver. Everyone showed up in their medievals and laughed and cheered throughout the film. Sure, Kevin Costner had zero business even attempting to go British, but I'll never forget that moviegoing experience.

And I love that you put up "D'Artagnan" as a Kamen reference point. One of the best pieces of music he ever wrote.

Now I'm missing him again. Time to go put on some Highlander. . . .

- Uni

Kamen, the master of compound meter, or at least the over exploitation of it. There was a time during the Robin Hood/Mr. Hollands Opus/101 Dalmatians era when I promised myself that if I ever had to hear another Michael Kamen triplet scherzo I would go hang myself.