Williams' Lincoln nominated for BAFTA Awards 2013

TownerFan

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Maestro and other nominees. :)

The list looks pretty much like I imagined it would.

Williams for the win!

That's the least inspiring list of nominees I've seen in years. I have at most a few tracks from each of those.

Not really rooting for anyone this year. It would be nice to see Newman receive a major award, but it would be for the wrong reason (the UK wanting to pat itself on the back for making the best Bond film of all time).

• 1 month later...

Newman won it. Argo got best film and director. Lincoln only got the one award, for Day Lewis.

I haven't seen Lincoln yet and so I'm pleased for Affleck and Argo, because the film was brilliant.

Oh it is the alluring British charm of the name of James Bond that addled the BAFTA voters' brains.

Congratulations to Mr. New/Snooze/Coolman! :)

Skyfall won Outstanding British Film, which is patriotic nonsense. Not the award, but that daft plot hole riddled popcorn flick getting it. It was supremely entertaining, but I'm just not into this thing of British awards thingys falling over themselves to congratulate it.

But then again maybe a Bond movie was literally the best movie we could knock together (in collaboration with MGM and Columbia) this past year. In which case congrats I suppose. But is that it?

Newman won it. Argo got best film and director. Lincoln only got the one award, for Day Lewis.

I haven't seen Lincoln yet and so I'm pleased for Affleck and Argo, because the film was brilliant.

Brilliant? How?

Karol

The BBC not only put that in the 'earlier this evening' bit - they also only showed about two seconds of Newman getting up from his seat before they cut to the next one.

So thanks for finding that clip :)

I do wish they'd ask some less run-of-the-mill questions though.

While not a fan/hater of this work, it is undeniably one of the best scores "as heard in the film" of 2012. It serves the story well, adds to the film's cooleness (in tandem with cinematography) and makes it better overall (you forget the script is kind of stupid). And also it gets some breathing space thanks to a great sound mix.

Having said that, I wish he got recognized earlier for some of his other, much better, work. There is a sense of irony that he should be awarded for the best "original" music.

Karol