John Williams mentioned on Craig Ferguson!

Jay

My favorite late night host actually mentioned John Williams in his monologue last night!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv7kvx2APl8

The John Williams portion runs from 9:59-10:53, but I'd recommend starting at 7:59 to get the setups for some references he makes during the Williams bit.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! :lol:

I wonder whether all the people laughing in the audience actually know who John Williams is! I have an idea, though, that Craig Furgueson does, and quite well, too. Although these jokes were probably written by his staff, I don't think he'd agree to tell them, if he wasn't familiar with John Williams and his works in the first place.

But then again, Furgueson is an actor/director. It's not surprising that he knows JW well.

I'm sure he knows. Also out of all the late night shows, Ferguson's is the least scripted. They do no rehearsals or prep, he just goes out there and wings it every night

He interviewed Randy Newman some time ago... They have good chemistry there.

all of a sudden I started hearing " you've got a friend in me" in my mine when I read this

Little by little Randy is taking over my brain.. D oh.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny. I see this as a bit of a derogatory dig though, as though (like most people) they think that all the composer does is write a theme and it will be nominated. Truth is if JW has been nominated he has written By hand 60-90 mins of music. I wish the public would realise that a film score is not a regurgitation of a theme over and over again for an hour. Believe me it is a lot harder than it sounds even if it sounds like the composer is on autopilot (indiana jones 4!!)

Then again thats the entertainment business. I can't see Craig laughing if a doctor found a cure for cancer.

Funny. I see this as a bit of a derogatory dig though, as though (like most people) they think that all the composer does is write a theme and it will be nominated. Truth is if JW has been nominated he has written By hand 60-90 mins of music. I wish the public would realise that a film score is not a regurgitation of a theme over and over again for an hour. Believe me it is a lot harder than it sounds even if it sounds like the composer is on autopilot (indiana jones 4!!)

Then again thats the entertainment business. I can't see Craig laughing if a doctor found a cure for cancer.

Aren't you overthinking it?

His business is to make fun of everybody!

Really? Why would a celeb go on his show if they were going to be made fun of for 30 minutes.

He has done some great interviews but you could tell the audience was cringing and pretending to laugh at those stupid jokes ( not just the JW reference). Rove is even worse than Craig though!

Really? Why would a celeb go on his show if they were going to be made fun of for 30 minutes.

He has done some great interviews but you could tell the audience was cringing and pretending to laugh at those stupid jokes ( not just the JW reference). Rove is even worse than Craig though!

You obviously don't know The Tonight Show and all its spinoffs over the years... or at least not well enough. ;)

It's the same on every damn show!

Nice find. I think it's cool. To me it shows that JW has reached this sort of mystical place in the eye of general public...almost like Walt Disney. Where people may not know exactly what he does, but he's somehow associated with every most popular/successful movie that's come out for the last 30-40 years. And he's been nominated 48 times (second only to Disney)