The Prequel Scores re-released on vinyl

Sandor

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying to find TPM's original vinyl at a reasonable price, but I think I'm the only one here actually excited at the news of these releases! I love my record player and the power of the speakers that came with it, so hearing Across the Stars and Battle of the Heroes with that power will be EPIC! That is, assuming the sound quality is good, which is a valid concern I guess since modern vinyl often doesn't sound too great...

I emailed to see the source of the master. I'm sure it's digital. If not, this would be a must buy. The power of that orchestra on vinyl would be too amazing to miss out on.

I wonder whether they used Shawn Murphy's analog masters or the album masters.

Indeed. It's a question I ask myself each time I see the new vinyl section that stores are having nowadays. Are all these new LPs made from analogue masters? If not, what's the point? And what about all these new productions that are coming out on LP? There must be plentiful of digital productions amongst them too, right? If you ask me, the new revival of vinyl is more about nostalgia than it is about sound quality.

Alex

The guy running I Am Shark responded to me last night, and indicated he has been pushing for the analog master and it looks extremely likely he will be allowed to use it for this pressing. I went ahead and preordered it anyway for now.

The guy running I Am Shark responded to me last night, and indicated he has been pushing for the analog master and it looks extremely likely he will be allowed to use it for this pressing. I went ahead and preordered it anyway for now.

Likely? Meh still pointless.