Life time achievement award

karelm

Watching the Golden Globes last night made me realize that for the substantial contribution John Williams has made to film and music, he fully deserves to be the recipient of a life time achievement award. Who else who's still alive has garnered 48 Oscar nominations and has contributed such a magnificent body of high quality work for so many years? Does anyone know how life time achievement awards are awarded? How do we make this happen?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe when he gets 50 Oscar noms they'll give him a special shout-out or something. If there's anything we can do to nominate him I would be down, although I doubt its a very inclusive process. Or it'll be something ridiculous, like how you need to raise $10,000 to nominate somebody for a Hollywood Star.

True that.... There does not really exist that kind of staying power in Hollywood anymore. Although, I think that composers are a rare enough breed that they have the best chance of remaining at their posts if they are successful. But timeless and classic are no longer adjectives that we use to describe most modern films and scores.