On iTunes (or similar applications), what are your Top 10 most-listened JW tracks?

Josh500

The Adventures of Mutt - 103

Anakin Takes Off in Spaceship - 84

The Jungle Chase - 82

Ants! - 74

The Departure - 65

The Republic Pilots Take Off Into Space - 59

Irina's Theme - 55

Finale (KotCS) - 55

The Battle Begins - 54

Temple Ruins and the Secret Revealed - 51

The Black Knight (Checkmate) - 50

Most of these were racked up in the months after KotCS was released, before I actively tried to limited my listens to avoid getting tired of a piece. Some of these pieces I haven't listen to in years.

My top tracks on iTunes are not exactly accurate because I've reset plays and listen to scores on my iPod. That being said, my top 10 ended up being:

The Adventures of Tintin

11m4 The Sword Fight

Open/Close (30-second)

Plowing

Dramatic Tease

End Title (Amazing Stories/Joel McNeely)

Open/Close (20-second)

Open/Close (15-second)

NBC News Theme (a.k.a. The Mission) Opener/closer

NBC News Theme (a.k.a. The Mission) Opener/closer

This is fairly accurate to recent listening, but Tintin did catch me by surprise.

Since I reset my play counts

Christmas at Hogwarts - HP1

Buckbeak's Flight - HP3

Navy Planes - CE3K

Gilderoy Lockhart - HP2

The Knight Bus - HP3

A Window to the Past - HP3

Fawkes the Phoenix - HP2

Moaning Myrtle - HP2

Dobby the House Elf - HP2

Aunt Marge's Waltz - HP3

Yes... I know there's a lot of Harry Potter.... I'm kind of preparing for something. Funny how Navy Planes ended up in there somehow... :eek:

I wouldn't know where on to look on my nano but the Towering Inferno is the most listened to JW score without question.

my most listened to JW tracks

Chasing Rockets.

Planting the Charges

Liberation: Exsultate Justi

I don't really use itunes that much at home so there wasn't much for me to list, most of my "most played" were John Barry, Jerry Goldsmith, Miklos Rozsa and Michael Giacchino.

Most of my Williams stuff was 8 times or less.

Not accurate considering I do most of my listening in the car these days, for other music at least. Film scores are all on my computer, and you all know 6-8 times is a lot for me for any score.

iTunes puts up most of the Arctic Monkey's Humbug at the top. I know my most listened to album is Streetlight Manifesto's Everything Goes Numb, by far. 200+ times easily.

I wouldn't know where on to look on my nano but the Towering Inferno is the most listened to JW score without question.

Plug your Nano into your computer, open iTunes, sync and then look at the play counts in iTunes.

-Erik-

Thanks Eric but since I've only had it since Christmas those 4 and 5 times listened to arn't wow numbers.

Lots of variables on my library means play counts aren't always what they should be. But my most played is actually the theme from Meet the Press. After that, it's mostly cues from ROTS and KOTCS. One notable exception is "If We Were In Love" from the Aisle Seat album.

A Window to the Past - Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban

Bad Dates - Raiders

The Asteroid Field - Empire Strikes Back

Forward to Time Past - Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban

My Friend, The Brachiosaurus - Jurassic Park

Most of my play counts have been reset at one point or another, leaving my top ten JW tracks less varied than they should be:

Hedwig's Theme - HP1

Platform 9 3/4 - HP1

Arrival at Hogwarts - HP1

Double Trouble - HP3

Leaving Hogwarts - HP1

The Banquet - HP1

Russians Reappear - Crystal Skull

Irina Spalko - Crystal Skull

The Adventures of Mutt - Crystal Skull

Hedwig Tries a Cookie - HP1

I also tried pulling the same list, but including only one track per score:

Hedwig's Theme - HP1

Double Trouble - HP3

Russians Reappear - Crystal Skull

Prologue - Hook

The Adventure Continues - Tintin

End Credits Part II - Jurassic Park

Air and Simple Gifts

Fawkes the Phoenix - HP2

The Lost World - The Lost World

Brush on Silk - Memoirs of a Geisha

Looks a little better. All six Star Wars scores, all three Harry Potters, and Indy 1-4 are probably my most listened-to scores in reality.

Number one for me is "The Blimp Turns Around"

One of my all-time favorites! A hidden gem, really.

^^ that's a JW fan for sure. Dude, I showed my ipod to my friends once, and they check out my top 25 playlist and were just like WTF are these songs?

:lol: Know exactly what you mean.

Really?

Damn! That's one score I still don't have...

This is just an awesome (and also underrated) track, I dunno why we so rarely talk about it. The version found on the WIlliams on Williams album is just as great, although I still prefer the original.

Sweet, sentimental, warm-hearted, soothing, and also slightly funny toward the end. In its tone and atmosphere, slightly reminiscent of "The Arrival Of Tink" from Hook, IMO.

This is just an awesome (and also underrated) track, I dunno why we so rarely talk about it. The version found on the WIlliams on Williams album is just as great, although I still prefer the original.

Sweet, sentimental, warm-hearted, soothing, and also slightly funny toward the end. In its tone and atmosphere, slightly reminiscent of "The Arrival Of Tink" from Hook, IMO.

Word... absolutely one of his best! Being new here, I just assumed that it had already been talked about to the point of exhaustion, being such a great track. I guess that's not necessarily the case. Perhaps a new thread is in order...

Word... absolutely one of his best! Being new here, I just assumed that it had already been talked about to the point of exhaustion, being such a great track. I guess that's not necessarily the case. Perhaps a new thread is in order...

Yes. But then, of course, the entire album is fantastic.

"High-Wire Stunts" and "Incident at Isla Nublar" are equally spectacular masterpieces, IMO, some of the most tense and suspenseful writing JW has ever done! But we hardly ever talk about them, either, for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed last night that on the nano it tells you the top 25 tracks. 1&2 are Hands of Fate, #3 was the City Sleeps, the next John Williams track was Planting the Charges, then Trapped Loves, and Susan and Doug.Swing Swing Swing is high as are Main title from Jaws, Princess Leia, and Ben's Death