Justice League movie thread

Matt C

Imagine if the Hulk belonged to DC! (Hulk: "I want to smash the tanks for shooting those atom bombs at me but maybe they are right. I'm a hideous monster! There's no place for me here. I must die. My god, why can I not die?")

We should thank our lucky stars that the Hulk is the property of Marvel!

Nolan would have a fifteen minute scene in which Banner despairs at his astronomical and crucially - unaffordable jeans and shirt bill, and this otherwise minor detail would become the dialogue-heavy expositional catalyst for the entire movie. Hulk does these destructive yet profitable things to pay for his wardrobe. Sort of a green Walter White.

That's not a problem. He's not directing JL.

Isn't it possible WB wants to wait and see how MOS will perform at the box-office before they will persuade Nolan to act as a producer for JL?

If MOS is a huge success, they are not going to want another style for Justice League. They are going to want Nolan and Snyder badly.

If it flops, then it's back to square one for everyone.

If it flops, Supes is cinematically dead for the next 30 years.

It's pretty certain that the next course of action for the new Superman franchise would be a sequel to Man of Steel, should this film do well or better this June. That said, if WB was planning a sequel to MOS all along, why bother with hiring a writer for Justice League two years ago?

Some of WB's actions don't make that much sense. If WB decides to greenlight both a sequel and a JL film, I would be surprised. That said, the EW article says that Man of Steel is the first film in a shared DC universe... it just won't be in the same universe as Nolan's Batman series.

Lots of uncertainties and variables here.

If Justice League completely ignores the universe of Nolan (that is Batman and soon Superman too), then the project is doomed already. Comments of how terrible the new Batman is and how the film shouldn't have ignored Nolan's work will overload the internet.

Alex

No ... I don't. ;)

I do long for the day when WB announces Snyder's movie adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns. Not that I know the comic book but I hear it's untraditional stuff. I've even seen pictures where Bats kicks Supes ass.

Alex

Yea, The Dark Knight Returns is an awesome sorry. They just released a fancy animated version of it though.

It's very similar to TDKR, if you think about it. Batman coming back after some years, martial law, fights on streets, bomb, faked death.

Karol

True, except the bad guys have completely different motivations, and there are super powered beings in the world

Considering Snyder is doing Superman I sincerely doubt he'll ever direct a Batman film, especially Dark Knight Returns which has already been made into an animated feature.

The animated Dark Knight Returns is an excellent animated version. If they made a live version would they dare move it to current times or leave the settings with an 80's flavor?

Christopher Drake's music is good as well. Too bad he didn't score Nolan's films.

According to a CHUD article, Charlie Hunnam's (Sons of Anarchy, Pacific Rim) likeness is being used in conceptual art for the Justice League project as The Flash. Hunnam is on very good terms with Guillermo del Toro as he's also attached for del Toro's next directing project Crimson Peak. And Del Toro is also producing a Justice League Dark film for Legendary Pictures and Warner Brothers.

http://www.chud.com/132182/exclusive-do-wb-dc-want-to-be-in-the-jax-teller-business/

Seems like Warner Brothers wants del Toro to help spearhead JL, now that Nolan is out of the picture. Snyder and del Toro possibly handling a shared DC universe? Sounds more promising than I thought.

Justice League Dark and Justice League are two completely different things. Considering how much stuff Del Toro has on his plate, I wouldn't even get my hopes up for a JLD movie any time soon.

• 1 month later...

Will Beall's script is out, and David Goyer is writing a new draft.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/man-of-steel-sequel-underway-with-zack-snyder-and-david-s-goyer/

Apparently, Goyer was contracted to write Man of Steel, the sequel, and Justice League when he signed on for the former. I have a strong feeling Snyder is probably already committed to doing JL too.

So when will MOS2 and JL come out?

MOS2 will take that spot originally intended for JL -- summer 2015. Knowing WB's previous release strategies, they'll schedule it in that lucky mid-July spot that's worked for them.

As for JL, I have no clue when it'll go into production. It's very possible WB could elect to shoot that after MOS2 is in the can, or maybe fast-track that one when Goyer is finished with the MOS2 script.

So summer 2015 will have Star Wars 7, Superman 7, Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Avengers 2, and a Pixar film. Yikes!

It's possible WB could schedule MOS2 for March 2015, once MOS restores Snyder's clout at the studio. Up until Sucker Punch, Snyder's last three live-action films ranged from big to moderately successful in that month.

If films like Alice in Wonderland, 300 and The Hunger Games can rack up summer-sized cash in that month... a MOS sequel would definitely clean up big time. Especially with little to no competition.

And Oz The Great And Powerful. $234 million!

I think Snyder likes having his films be March releases because his birthday falls in that month. Maybe he sees it as a good luck charm.

But I think Superman will remain a summertime franchise. WB doesn't have anything else on tap for 2015 that's a current franchise, and they need something reliable for summer.

Well Summer 2015 is crowded as hell that's for sure

Disney - Star Wars 7, POTC 5, Avengers 2, Inside Out

Fox - Assassin's Creed, BOO

WB - Man Of Steel 2

Sony - Smurfs 3, Hotel Translyvania 2

I still think Disney will move one of those, 4 films of that size is a lot by one studio

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Yes, but it's about the idea of what could have been! I mean, they deprived us from a Justice League movie with sped-up action!

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It has my favourite Batman.

Putting Metropolis and Gotham opposite each other is a brilliant idea. 

The score is pretty good.

Wonder Woman is hot!

Its dark and gritty, and has only one joke.

The Martha scene is a seriously dramatic moment!

Jesus, when is this fucking soap opera going to end?

WB Reportedly Has No Plans To #ReleaseTheSnyderCut Despite Support From JUSTICE LEAGUE Cast

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/wb-reportedly-has-no-plans-to-releasethesnydercut-despite-support-from-justice-league-cast-a171669

WB execs aren't stupid, and they are not going to release this fucking cut unless they knew they would have huge profits from it, which is not what they're going to get from a few hundreds whiny DC fans on social media.

It's embarrassing there's this kerfuffle over an unreleased cut of the film, of which I've seen people use to try and defend the nonsensical theatrical cut 'Look, the Snyder Cut fixes all the problems guys!' 

BvS was the final nail in the coffin for me with the DCCU, it's a putrid film and represents everything wrong with modern superhero films. What throws everything off is that it has huge tonal problems which have the gritty Nolan aesthetic of the Dark Knight Trilogy smashed together with elements of comics/graphic novels all wrapped up in Zack Snyder's dull filmmaking style. 

The saving grace is Affleck's Batman, whom seems determined to rise above the absolute schlock of the rest of the film.