Blizzard Entertainment Music

Walid

Other than film music (and a whole lot of game music too) posted around in this forum, what do you guys think of the music from the MMO's from Blizzard out there?
I'm in love with the work of Jason Hayes, Neal Acree, Derek Duke, Russell Brower, and all those who work on the music on the video games World of Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo.

I'll start posting some real sweet tunes from these guys. Gold stuff here. Both in the games, and in the commercials for their games.

Derek Duke, Gnomeregan: (kazoos are f*cking awesome.)

Neal Acree, Xaxas (trailer score for Cataclysm): (loving the low C choral lines at 16 sec)

Neal Acree, Nightsong (the female voices that come in 1:40... oh man... )

Got any favorites of your own?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Cataclysm, Burning Crusade, and Wrath of the Lich King and they all rock.

I love Nightsong as you do, and I also loved this the first time I heard it:

This piece somehow reminds me of the 'human side' of The Walking Dead. I'm a few episodes past

Lori's death

, and the emotions in this track somehow mirror the hole left by that. (testament to the quality of the character writing in that show actually)

Also, 9:10 onwards in:

This piece somehow reminds me of the 'human side' of The Walking Dead

Yeah, that's a beautiful cue. and it sure does remind one of that music in The W D. Also, very russian sounding, that part after 9:10. so awesome.

I was listening to "Uldum" last night. If there is one thing I -REALLY- love about the music in Cataclysm, it's the amazing use of woodwinds. Something about it that's very jazzy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yArvib_UFxw

Haven't played all of Blizzard's games, but I love StarCraft and its music. All of it was great, but the Terran music in particular comes to mind. The music was such an integral part of giving each of the three races their own identity.

I found the music from WarCraft 3 to be less exciting, though the orc music was a highlight.

ah yeah, Starcraft and the music is truly awesome. Protoss and Zerg music was a bit less satisfying than Terran, but that is a bit different in SC2. Love all there! Maybe Zerg less cuz of all the ambient stuff going on, but hey.. still cool stuff.

ye, BW was sick! but the new is... In my eyes a better game. I know BW was absolutely crazy well balanced (possibly the most balanced RTS game ever?), but SC2 is just so damn pretty and fun to play.

And the music rocks.

Did you check out the cinematic for Heart of the Swarm (first expansion to sc2)? awesome stuff -