Disney to produce new Star Wars film

Captain_Ken

Ya, I heard rumours that Howard Shore will compose. Although Hans Zimmer has apparently been dropping hints about Star Wars.

Ya, I heard rumours that Howard Shore will compose. Although Hans Zimmer has apparently been dropping hints about Star Wars.

"You have reading problems mister?"

Howard Shore will DIRECT, not compose.

Bad news: Jerry Bruckheimer's got the producing gig. In a press release he announced that he's also going to cut out the middle man and direct, edit, and compose.

You know I also heard John Williams MIGHT compose the music for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2... if his schedule allows it. Let's pray it happens, people! I think it really might. Maybe Yates will let him score an early cut!

You know I also heard John Williams MIGHT compose the music for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2... if his schedule allows it. Let's pray it happens, people! I think it really might. Maybe Yates will let him score an early cut!

He'll try!

If Disney owns Star Wars now maybe Intrada can release remastered and expanded edition of all the old scores!

Back to the Future will never get a release. Let's get that straight right now...

Nor will Gremlins.

Or Goonies.

And certainly not ANY of those Star Trek scores!

Don't even THINK about William's own 1941. When will that come out? More like 2041.

Preliminary reports from New Zealand Police officials indicate that Jeff Goldblum fell more than 60 feet to his death on the Kauri Cliffs while on-set. Specific details are not yet available.

It will never happen, Hans Zimmer will summon the Kraken to take Williams out of the running.

Yes, with the opening of Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor, like he wrote for Dead Man's Chest....

The only joke in this thread is you!

Ouch BloodBoal! That was weak. Surely you can do better.

This thread is equivalent of someone coming in enthused and happy to share some news and suddenly getting a million slaps on both cheeks with a half rotten haddock. No wonder indeed that new members might be a little intimidated to join the discussion.

Even though this is a bit old news when we already have the director annoucement for the project and it is well on the way, the way this thread turned into a joke is a bit much.

Yeah. The joke was a little funny for the first few people who got in on it. It was tired by the time Giacchino was mentioned, and definitely jumped the shark by the time Goldblum's name appeared.

The first person who spills paint on canvas and calls it art is a genius; the second, an idiot. After that you're just unoriginal, which is worse than being an idiot. :)

In all seriousness Captain_Ken, the news that Disney bought Lucasfilm and would be making a new Star Wars movie broke on October 30th of last year and the thread we discussed it in is here:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22303

And it was announced last week that JJ Abrams would be directing it, and we are discussing that in this thread here:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22802