Maybe you can spot a date in this video somewhere?

Or could try scrolling back through Thomas Newman's twitter, if he has one.

Anyone have any information about when the Skyfall recording sessions took place at Abbey Road Studios?

Approximately late August to late September 2012, according to music editor Tony Lewis's Twitter feed.

@MusicEditorcouk 24 Sep

Heading in to Mix, approx 1/2 way done. Got the mix through for an amazing cue last night. Tom has surpassed himself this time. #Skyfall

Guess he means Tennyson.

Cue me pissing and moaning.

Ever since I'm old enough to go to the movies, this may be the first Bond film I won't watch in the theatre. I sure as hell won't buy the score if Newman is doing it. I still hope for someone else though, being the fool that I am.

Personally, I'd like to see Arnold return, but if it has to be anyone else, then let be Newman.

I hope that Stuart Baird returns, and I'd like to see another Phil Meheux-photographed Bond film, but I suppose I can stomach another Deakins effort (!).

I hope he makes this one a lot more plausible than the last. I know it's Bond, but Mendes stretched suspension of disbelief and acceptable contrivances to the limits with Skyfall.

With John Logan as screenwriter, I can assure you the limits will be stretched:

Exactly, there's a three month gap, as heard in dialogue, between that stuff.

To me, Skyfall was the perfect blend of modern conventions mixed with old school Bond. I was also quite impressed with Newman's score, and while I like what Arnold has done, I think his time is up. He can produce some really good music, but to me he loses me more often than not lately. Perhaps a big break will do him good, but if Arnold never comes back I'll appreciate his time on the franchise and look forward to what the next composer can do. Here's hoping Newman knocks another one out of the park.

Hell yeah, that means Newman comes back!

I think that every subsequent Bond film should be scored by Eric Serra..................I mean it!

Is there any love, out there, for the score for "GoldenEye"?

I like it, but it definitely has some awful musical cues (Ladies first.)

Goldeneye's score is still bad and completely wrong.

Finally, the voice of sanity!

I think a Bond score does not have to be just John Barry. Other composers have written their own good, or great Bond scores.

But a Bond score is not THAT!

My opinion has always been sane in regards to this issue.

Even Zimmer could have written a much better score.

I for one don't mind parts of the score, but definitely hate certain parts such as "Ladies First". I really enjoy the 64 game score, however, which takes Serra's best little ideas and really makes a memorable score (for me at least).

If Arnold or Newman don't do 24, I'd love to see Murray Gold be given a chance, although I know it will never happen.

• 4 months later...

Considering the way they psycho-analysed the hell out of any former Bond formulas, I wouldn't put it past the current 007 crew to screw that part of mythology up as well.

How about covering some of Bond's father issues? Throw in some "we are not so different, Mr. Bond" for the gazillionth time and you're good to go.

• 1 month later...