Where to rent orchestral material for Star Wars

archangelus

Hello everyone,

can some one help me to find the place where i can rent the orchestral material for the concert suites of STAR WARS - A NEW HOPE (the original suite, with Little People Work, Last Battle, Here They Comes ecc.), THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (specially Asteroid Field) and RETURN OF THE JEDI (Parade of the Ewok, Luke & Leia, Jabba the Hutt and Forest battle)?

I'm a conductor and would like to set up a program with a STAR WARS GRAND SUITE.

Thanks for the help.

ARCHANGELUS

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of music stores offer reasonable rentals for most instruments—violins, cellos, trumpets, clarinets, and all that. The tympanis might be tougher to track down, though. And you might have to go BYOP for the keyboard, but. . . .

Hmm? The—oh, the music? Ah. Sorry. Missed that. No idea where to go for that kinda thing.

- Uni

Why don't you contact Steven Allen Fox at the Golden State Pops Symphony (http://www.goldenstatepops.com/ under the "Contact" section). They are putting on a Star Wars concert later this year and they do alot of premiere arrangements so I'm sure he's investigated this and has some insight in to how to track these down...if its available. It might be that only the "official" suite can be rented so there are versions that exist that are no longer the official version, but I'll bet Stephen has an idea on all of this.

Thank you all.

Boosey has the suites and the material for all the 6 offiacial suites.

I was wondering about other cues that are NOT in the official suites but that over the years where recorded like DARTH VADER'S DEATH with the Utah Symphony. Where they get the material??? :sarcasm:

Probably from Lucasfilm/JW's "agency" themselves.

(the original sheet music for some of the SW movies are out there, but not legally.)