Far and Away
Schindler’s List
Hook
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
Jurassic Park
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
Jaws
Star Wars

Performed by the Dutch Symphony Orchestra, in the world famous Concertgebouw which is considered one of the finest concert halls in the world, along with places such as Boston's Symphony Hall and the Musikverein in Vienna.

Concertgebouw_exterieur_2012_Leander_Lam

Looks like a terrific programme. I would certainly attend if I lived anywhere near Amsterdam. :)

It is unbelievable... July 19 I'm flying to South America... There is no way for me to attend this concert, only 45 minutes from my hometown...

Why is life so cruel...? :(

Wow I'm considering spending my summer across the pond. If I go I'm definitely up for a quick detour to Amsterdam! Just looked and tickets are dirt cheap by North American standards.

• 2 weeks later...

If it would only be JW himself...

Anyway I will probably go if I can find a date who can value my musical taste.

• 1 month later...

http://www.concertge...ot%3D01-09-2013

Music from

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Far and Away

Schindler’s List

Hook

Jurassic Park

Jaws

Star Wars

Performed by the Dutch Symphony Orchestra, in the world famous Concertgebouw which is considered one of the finest concert halls in the world, along with places such as Boston's Symphony Hall and the Musikverein in Vienna.

Concertgebouw_exterieur_2012_Leander_Lam

Boring, boring, BORING!!!! it's the same stuff virtually every concert.

True, but let's not be so jaded that we can't appreciate film music concerts IN THE FIRST PLACE. I think it looks like a great program. I mean, HOOK and FAR & AWAY aren't performed that often. If this had been held in my country, I would be there in a heartbeat, even if I've heard the music a million times before.

True, but let's not be so jaded that we can't appreciate film music concerts IN THE FIRST PLACE. I think it looks like a great program. I mean, HOOK and FAR & AWAY aren't performed that often. If this had been held in my country, I would be there in a heartbeat, even if I've heard the music a million times before.

Ditto

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.concertge...ot%3D01-09-2013

Music from

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Far and Away

Schindler’s List

Hook

Jurassic Park

Jaws

Star Wars

Boring, boring, BORING!!!! it's the same stuff virtually every concert.

Well, some of that is true. I wish there were orchestras programming JW 'underscore'..wouldnt it be great to hear T-rex rescue performed in a concert by a live orchestra, or Leaving Hogwarts, or Indy's First Adventure, or Chasm Crossfire?

I've heard Indy's Very First Adventure performed live in concert =D

Yeah it doesn't get any better than hearing and seeing it performed by JW and Boston Pops I guess. ;)

Although I did hear a "regular version" of it in a concert a number of years ago (tempo dragged in the lively scherzo part somewhat) plus the film cue/underscore version of the Parade of Slave Children and Escape from Venice. I have no idea whether these were some "unofficial" transcriptions but they sounded very spot on. And naturally those were awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A train ticket cost 4.60!

You went to a Williams concert in US. You can at least pay 4.60 to get to and from a JW concert (sans the Man himself) in your own country. I wish there was a JW concert so near Helsinki too.

We just don't want you to get stabbed or raped in the middle of the night, Stefan...

Not that it cannot happen on a train...

Karol

Oh great! Now he is sure to walk home from the concert Karol! It's 40 km of wild Dutch countryside. He won't stand a chance in the dark!

Not if you give him a Star of Elendil.

But then... that didn't help Frodo much...

Karol

Yeah it did! In the novel! I hope my cheap Phial of Galadriel replica flashlight still works. I can send it on UPN to him for tomorrow. Light in the dark when all other lights go out (it'll probably go out too).

Oh have fun at the concert Stefan! And bring a lot of photos and reports as proof! :)

PROGRAM

Williams- Raiders March from Raiders of the Lost Ark (uit 'Indiana Jones')

Williams- Suite 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'

Williams- Remembrances (uit 'Schindler's List')

Williams- Main Theme (uit 'Schindler's List')

Williams- Adventures on Earth (uit 'E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial')

Williams- Theme (uit 'Jurassic Park')

Williams- Suite 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'

Williams- Flight to Neverland (uit 'Hook')

Williams- The Shark Theme (uit 'Jaws')

Williams- Main Theme (uit 'Star Wars')