Star Trek Beyond (2016 Justin Lin) - The Big Bad Star Trek (X)III Thread

BLUMENKOHL

10 hours ago, Gistech said:

Was that an NX-class in the trailer?

No its the USS Franklin.

The Beastie boys song from the first trailer has my vote for worst song of all time.

USS Franklin

Star Trek beyond USS Franklin concept art.jpg

A continuation of the hidious production design of this "Star Trek" film series. 

A part of me was hopeful it was a NX. The trailer looks all right as far as the new universe goes but it looks another smash-bang-wallop film. Not every film can be Star Trek II but it'd be nice to have depth. I'll see the film more out of habit than anything.

There's already more than enough entertainment to be had from all the existing Trek TV series', films, original scores and Micro Machines and Playmates toys from the 90s that we obviously need nothing more. At this point, is anyone with non-deplorable taste (*) really looking forward to another JJ Abrams universe movie or Giacchino score?

*Says the asshat with a Godzilla 1998-themed username, but, you know what? Fuck you.

The first one is as good as this new series is likely to get. 

That trailer for Beyond did nothing for me.  It's markedly better than the first one, but that's not high praise.

Since the last one I've felt like they should have rehashed TMP instead of TWOK.  God, that could have been so good!  I don't hate it like most people do, but I know it isn't great.  There is, however, a great movie in there somewhere.  Maybe the best Trek movie.  They should have taken a chance and tried to let it out.

That's a nice homage. I'm liking the kitsch, Fantastic Voyage psychedelia of the other new poster, although chances of the film and score living up to that are slim.

My main beef with NuTrek is the characterisation and casting. There's just no warmth or emotional connection to this crew--yet Abrams somehow managed it with TFA. I don't care what happens to these guys.

It's an insult to a better time for Star Trek. For all the flaws of STTMP it was still better than the last two films. And it had an Enterprise that didn't look like it had sex with Peter Dinklage. 

Jesus Christ! Trekkies, and not all, but a very vocal minority:

If you don't like it, don't fucking watch it. Paramount, Simon Pegg, JJ Abrams, and Justin Lin do not owe you a fucking thing. Star Trek doesn't belong to you just because you love a couple of TV shows and movies. So quit taking every fucking decision the people behind these movies make as a personalized fuck you to you. And if you can't quit, ask a loved one to take you to the nearest mental health facility.

Enjoy what you got and move on. It's been 8 damn years. Lots of people will go in and enjoy what these new movies bring and eventually they will also move on. Be happy with your 540 hours of pre-Abrams Trek and STFU.

Oh and the same goes for you assholes with regards to similar topics: Disney Star Wars, Modern John Williams, etc. etc.

Partly it could be that the cast is so good, people want to see them in a movie with a script that honors the origins instead of being so action and vengeful singular villain retreading.

Plus, it's a discussion forum. People discuss things.

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

Partly it could be that the cast is so good, people want to see them in a movie with a script that honors the origins instead of being so action and vengeful singular villain retreading.

Plus, it's a discussion forum. People discuss things.

Then why can't Stefan be a negative nancy in the video game thread?! ;)

7 hours ago, Lhokne Mulb said:

Jesus Christ! Trekkies, and not all, but a very vocal minority:

If you don't like it, don't fucking watch it. Paramount, Simon Pegg, JJ Abrams, and Justin Lin do not owe you a fucking thing. Star Trek doesn't belong to you just because you love a couple of TV shows and movies. So quit taking every fucking decision the people behind these movies make as a personalized fuck you to you. And if you can't quit, ask a loved one to take you to the nearest mental health facility.

Enjoy what you got and move on. It's been 8 damn years. Lots of people will go in and enjoy what these new movies bring and eventually they will also move on. Be happy with your 540 hours of pre-Abrams Trek and STFU.

Oh and the same goes for you assholes with regards to similar topics: Disney Star Wars, Modern John Williams, etc. etc.

If you wash your vagina it won't itch so bad.

7 hours ago, Lhokne Mulb said:

It just seems so ridiculous to spend 8 years of your life analyzing in depth why you don't like something.

You get a mixed drink, you don't like it, you pour it out. You get something else. You go to a restaurant, you don't like it, you leave and don't come back. You take a vacation, you don't like the location, you leave and don't come back. You take a vacation elsewhere, perhaps some place you've been to and enjoy. 

But you watch a JJ Abrams Star Trek movie, you hate it, so four years later you go watch the next one. You hate it again, and buy the Blu-Ray and carefully analyze it and decide you hate it. Then you write an essay on it. Three years later you watch the trailer for the next one, and pre-order your IMAX RealD 4D tickets, and go in and hate it. Then you stick around for the next one.

In what world is that sane behavior?

In what world is your rant sane behavior, chill meet pill.

15 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

If you wash your vagina it won't itch so bad.

In what world is your rant sane behavior, chill meet pill.

Regardless of how it is written,  Lhokne has some valid points. You are entitled to your opinions, but be careful not to dismiss others as being wrong for having an opinion of their own. And in all honesty? Your responses seem quite childish.

Who are you and why should I care what you think? Blume was...in the words of REAL STAR TREK....in error. He should be sterilized. He is not of the body.

;)

Thanks for confirming you are no fan. I seem to remember tolerance being part of the Star Trek message.

Take your own advice: swallow a chill pill.

I am the truest of all Star Trek fans who ever you are. Please don't tell me something you clearly have inadequate knowledge about. Blume is wrong. He's playing for drama. The Abram abominations are for the non Star Trek fans. Perhaps like you? However I don't know you so who knows. If you like them fine. But I don't and I will scream it to God himself just as Roddenberry is doing if I want to.

You know what? "Truest of all fans" these days seems to mean "if you don't agree with me, you're automatically wrong" wherever I go, be it Star Trek, Star Wars, Terminator etc. I'd rather not be that obnoxiously conceited or obsessed again over something that I should be enjoying, thank you. I'd also rather not derail this thread any more than I have to, so please don't bother replying to this.

Don't tell someone to not reply to your post!

You should probably apologize to Joe for your rude behavior.

The JJ films are such a distortion of what Stat Trek is in its core that's it's perfectly natural that hard core fans have trouble accepting them. 

Indiscriminate whining little twats like you are Blume should accept that there are some who hold this franchise to higher standards then you do!

For shame!

42 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Don't tell someone to not reply to your post!

You should probably apologize to Joe for your rude behavior.

The JJ films are such a distortion of what Stat Trek is in its core that's it's perfectly natural that hard core fans have trouble accepting them. 

Indiscriminate whining little twats like you are Blume should accept that there are some who hold this franchise to higher standards then you do!

For shame!

Why'd you reply? You weren't supposed to reply! Oh geez, ah geez, oh geez.